5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2015 5:49 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Hong Kong choices.

feistybulldog Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, so thanks in advance for any advice!

I am considering a trip to Hong Kong over Christmas, to include New Years Eve and the prices on Marriott properties vary greatly compared to Chinese owned ones.  Any advice on where to stay in Kowloon or HKI? Am I looking too soon?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hong Kong choices.
    joshm Member

Hello feistybulldog!

Welcome to the Insiders forum. You've come to just the place to ask a question like the one you've posed to the forum here. This is what the site is all about, and I don't doubt that other folks in the community will chime in with shared experiences as they see this thread.

You've probably seen this, but from recommendations to photos and news, this place has it all for the frequent traveler! I encourage you to explore the site for everything it offers t'hose looking for insights. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or carat with any questions or concerns you would like help with. We make up the moderation team for the page and we're here to help!

I found a thread on Hong Kong that you may find helpful:

Re: Hong Kong hotels

Hope this helps some, and welcome to the site!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

feistybulldog Platinum

Nice to meet you Josh. Thanks for the quick response!

702rugbyref Platinum

I LOVE Hong Kong. I have not stayed in a Marriott property there...yet but did want to give you some advice in case you are not familiar with HK. The subway is most excellent and easy to navigate including the train from the airport to Kowloon. What I have found is you may look for a hotel further away from the center as the rooms tend to be larger and less expensive but less expensive...the key is to find a hotel that is 1-3 blocks from the subway. INSERT JEALOUSY!

feistybulldog Platinum

Thanks, good advice, this will help my research.

702rugbyref Platinum

One other thing to keep in mind as well. Cabs are very cheap from the subway terminals so even if you find a good rate at a nice property the cab is cheap but they rarely speak english. So I get a local map AND the hotel business card as they will have the name and address in Chinese which makes it much easier to sit back and enjoy the ride instead of worrying about effectively translating your message. The subways are in both languages as well so no worries about knowing where you are.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...