11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2015 10:52 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Marriott Hotels in Paris, France

blackbronco Silver 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looking to stay at a Marriott in central Paris in September...any recommendations.  With respect to prices, it seems that all of the promotions expire on September 13...we will be going several days later and can't take advantage of any of them.  Any ideas on how to find discounts....some of the usual discounts are not available when we want to go; i.e, AAA, Senior rate, points.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris Hotels
  • Re: Marriott Hotels in Paris, France
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

blackbronco,

Congratulations on your upcoming trip!

Some things that may help us assist you are:

First trip?

Your interests?

How many people?

There are so many nice choices for you to decide on.  Lastly, try to review previous posts on MRI, and see what others have had to say about their experiences in Paris!  We all look to be of help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

I too am going to Paris in late October for the first time...taking my wife for her 50th birthday present. We are staying at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel. I prepaid for two nights as there was a special offered months ago. It is close to many of the major attractions, subway and it was recommended on here by one of our fellow MR members to check out...one stop from the Champs-Elysees (I hope that means nearby!)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

It's actually 3.1 miles from the l'arc de Triomphe, which is the closest Paris "attraction" (aside from the Grande Arche right there at La Def), but the good news is that if you use the RER A train (red), it is only one stop away (sort of an express train) from AdT and the C-E (at stop Charles de Gaulle Etoile).  You can also take Metro line 1 (yellow line), but it stops at something like 5 stations between La Def and C-E.  Better to use the RER A (red).  The red line is also then a straight (fast) shot from Charles de Gaulle Etoile to Chatelet in the center of Paris.  So even though the Ren La Def isn't centrally located, it's very fast and easy to get anywhere.  Much more so than say from the Courtyard in Boulogne-Billancourt, but then the CY Boulogne is a lot less expensive.  I liked the Ren La Def.  I almost don't like responding to Paris posts anymore because they always make me feel - wistful...

Plan Interactif des transports en Ile-de-France

702rugbyref Platinum

You are a stud! I need to print this off and use it! I am flying in/out of ORY as I am coming from/back to Barcelona. I am hoping for a nice upgrade for my wife and I as she is celebrating her 50th birthday in Paris.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Renaissance Trocadoro Parc is a nice place to stay.  Great location, nice rooms and good service.  Our only complaint was no CL.

If a CL is important to you, the Marriott Rive Gauche is a wonderful value, comfortable  with a great lounge and wonderful staff.  We felt like family there!  The location is good but not great.  Close to Metro and lots of restaurants.  We were upgraded to a suite on both stays there.

joshm Member

Hey blackbronco,

Thanks for taking the time to share your plans with us. Paris will be wonderful!

I found some threads that may be of some use to you:

Re: Paris Rive Gauche

Re: What location and hotel would you suggest for Paris.  I will be going in mid September.

I hope these help!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

i have stayed at two Marroitt's in Paris the Ren At the arc and the champs- elysess and both were wonderful and convenient to metro and with a nice walk to the Tower

702rugbyref Platinum

Pretty excited about this even though it is only for two days.

emillg Member

Check out ebay as Marriott sells Paris hotels there too (cheaper but no points/stay). Good luck!

702rugbyref Platinum

Never even thought of that. WOW! Thank you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...