4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2015 9:56 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Platinum Status - loyalty pays off

vadimostrovsky Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I travel a bit and loyal to Marriott. While, on the road, I keep a score of Marriott's holding up it is side of the loyalty "social contract". Two nights ago, I was shown again that Marriott is a great brand and loyalty to it does pay off.

Stayed on points at Courtyard Charleston Summerville and did not get an upgrade even though there were up-grade rooms available. The employee at the counter was new and she thought that I could not get an upgrade on points.

Next morning, I spoke to Jessica D, assistant general manager. She was great and gave me a fair compensation in points for the inconvenience.

Did she/hotel have to do it, NO, there is no obligation. However, I was treated fairly for my loyalty to the brand.

Thank you Jessica and Courtyard Charleston Summerville!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Summerville, SC
  • Re: Platinum Status - loyalty pays off
    702rugbyref Platinum

At least the AGM did right. Good on them. Phil

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

When I have complained about problems at Marriott properties, I almost always, receive compensation that exceeds the value of the service problem.

Compensation has included, a few extra points, a lot of points, free lodging for the night, and gift certificates for  dinner (Outback) and a movie (Regal Cinemas).

It has been a rare occurance when a complaint was not addressed.

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

I just stayed at the Courtyard Somerset NJ..and the place was pretty empty and selling suites on Marriott.com and was told NO upgrades available.The front desk told me they were sold out..The parking lot hardly had any cars and I never saw another guest..You got lucky!

702rugbyref Platinum

they were probably counting on flights being cancelled and filled up by United.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...