4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2015 4:57 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Marriott Account Security

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just finished reading an article through the Points Guy regarding Marriott Account Security and what Marriott is doing to protect our respective accounts. Is anyone in the community aware of these such measures -double log-in for example?

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/07/loyalty-account-security/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Account Security
    Platinum 28 Reviews

FYI

My account was "hacked" a few years ago - was sitting in front of my computer one night and I received an email confirming my reservation (for points) at (surprisingly) a hotel a few miles away.

Contacted the hotel and they called the police and the "guest" was evicted.

Marriott the next morning had me choose a pin# for an extra level of security on my account.

To this day I have never received any further info from Marriott as to how it happened but they did give me the impression that it affected many accounts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

My Choice Hotels account was hacked last month and they were not so supportive. They billed me for four rooms for one night, even though I never set foot in the building. They said I was and reported the fraud to the CC company. Choice continues to fight with me and I have asked them to prove to me that I was there and I would pay ($600ish). Of course they cannot but I will take them to court if they continue to harass this Diamond member with them...frustrating!!

joshm Member

thanks for taking the time to share this, 702rugbyref. I don't doubt that folks will be interested to read what you've shared.

Emails were also recently distributed about updating profile information to increase security.

It's unfortunate that we live in a world where technology is so easily...well...accessed by those with intent to steal information.

702rugbyref Platinum

Yeah too many folks out there wanting to be bad people and with complete disregard to impacts or outcomes not to themselves.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...