7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2015 5:46 PM by adamfromscotland RSS

Can you get points from another member?

adamfromscotland Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I.e. Can they donate lol?

Point to my Little Silver card Elite

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Can you get points from another member?
    702rugbyref Platinum

Good question...I am sure someone on here can answer this accurately.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

The short answer is no.

Transferring points is only possible for spouses or domestic partners. It is possible to purchase points as a gift, just as a rewards member can buy points with a limit of 50,000 points per year.

Check out Buy Points | Gift Points | Transfer Points | Donate Points for all the rules about buying and transferring points.

curiousone Platinum

It seems like the list of charities you can donate to has shrunk. I remember looking into this back in 2013 and thought there were more charities listed. I have it in my estate documents for the balance of my MR points to be donated to a charity.

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews

When I go to the Transfer points link, it states that you can only transfer points from a legal spouse or domestic partner  at time of reward redemption.  So, it is not really a "transfer" of the accumulated points. Instead, it seems to be only for  using a set amount of points for hotel stay redemption.

joshm Member

Welcome to Insiders, adamfromscotland!

As you saw here, this site is a great place to get answer to an array of questions about Marriott Rewards and travel in the general sense. The people here are super savvy travelers and equally helpful to their fellow insider (as awesome contributors to this thread have demonstrated time and time again )

In addition to the network of folks that make up this community, there are a handful of us that manage the forum and are here to help! Feel free to contact me (joshm), lindseyh, or carat with any questions or concerns. bejacob, jm1991, and eyesee are correct in that the ability to transfer points is limited to spouses/domestic partners.

Thanks for posting, and we look forward to hearing more from you in the forum!

adamfromscotland Silver

Well Thanks for anyone who responded

On my trip to the USA i already have around 75,000 points so hoping to get 2-3 nights for free with that

Every point counts lol

Going there alone for my 40th

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...