11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2015 10:21 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Checking bags at hotel I'm not staying at?

muuurph Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am going on an Alaskan cruise o and from Seattle.  Staying at the Residence Inn Union Park before we leave.  My question is in regards to when we return.  The boat gets into port at 7 AM, and I figure we'll be off the boat by 10:00 AM.  This leaves us a few hours to explore Seattle before our 5:30 flight.  The Residence Inn is conveniently located between the port and the airport in downtown Seattle.  So I was thinking on checking our bags with the bell captain.  Do you think this is possible?  I don't remember ever being asked for a room key when I have checked my bags, and I dont know if they even care if you're staying there.  Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: Checking bags at hotel I'm not staying at?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

You might want to call the hotel and ask them if this is possible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

muuurph,

Good question!

Will tell you I have done this many times, but Razorback is right, call first, as situations, and management changes!

Good luck and let us know what happens.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Or even better, relocate to the Downtown Seattle Hotels | Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel which is right across the street from Pier 66 which quite a few Alaska cruises leave from and I know they will store your luggage for you particularly if you spend a night there before flying out or cruising out.  Great property and worth checking into.

muuurph Platinum

Thanks,  We will stay at the RI, because we have our 2 kids with us.  It's easier to all be in one suite rather than 2 rooms, even though full service Marriotts are nicer as a rule.

joshm Member

Hey muuurph,

If you need help retrieving the contact information for the property you're referring to, just say the word and I'd be happy to seek it out for you!

muuurph Platinum

Thanks, I'll ask when we check in, doesn't sound like there will be any problems.  I'll let you know the outcome.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

As you will be staying there the week before, I cannot imagine them not accommodating you, although it's interesting how different the security measures which revolve around luggage are, in comparing hotels with airports/train stations since 911.  Hotels still store luggage for guests, where as airports and train stations do not.  But hotels do require identification info, so there's that, but how well it's scrutinized, I'm not sure.

Anyway, have a great vacation!

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

I don't know why I have not thought of this.  It doesn't come up too often for me, but when it does it is a great idea.  Thanks for posting the question.

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Hi Muuurph!

I have not done what you ask but if I check-out early from a propery and ask to store bags until later in the day while I walk around the city etc I always tip the person that takes my bags to storage--it seems to me to they do a better job of doing so (have not lost any)--and I ask if they can use their good position and take care of me--it seems a tip works well on the front end in getting the bags properly marked and stored so they can be located and provided when you get back ( a few $$ sure beats dragging a bag around town)  Of course you will have to tip the twice (including the person who retrives your bags) but, that is the price of having a service they are not required to provide.........just saying......Bill

muuurph Platinum

Yes the reason I thought of doing this is I have checked my bags after checking out a couple of times because I was heading to a business meeting and did not want to walk in with a roller.

Thanks for the "tip" on giving a tip up front, makes sense, that's how "TIPS" (To Insure Prompt Service) began after all!

702rugbyref Platinum

I have done this in the past when waiting to go on a cruise or at meetings.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...