18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2015 8:49 AM by carat RSS

InsitesCommunities Marriott International Forum June 2015 - No reward points ...?

collisr Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone. As an elite reward member, I was asked to join a forum - hosted by Insites Communities (http://insites-consulting.com) on behalf of Marriott International.

The forum was a 2 week question and answer/blog-style focus group to help with a rebranding of Marriott. Around 50 of us participated several hours with the commitment that we would receive 10000 reward points for our effort.

Fast forward to end July 2015 and I haven't seen any reward points. The last communication we had from insites consulting was a note saying "Marriott were taking longer than usual to credit the points". Since then follow up emails with the consulting company have been ignored.

Is this something anyone on this forum has also experienced? I believe the forum was for the UK and the eastern US.

Does anyone from Marriott Rewards know anything about this consulting company and can help?

Rob

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: InsitesCommunities Marriott International Forum June 2015 - No reward points ...?
    joshm Member

Hello collisr, and welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum.

I'd be happy to look into your post. Just send me a direct message with your Rewards number and some details about this to get started.

As you've done right here, the Insiders forum is the place to ask questions, seek clarity and insight, or to share experiences with a large network of travelers like you! I hope you continue to post in the forum.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or carat. We make up the moderation team for the site and we're here to support!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: InsitesCommunities Marriott International Forum June 2015 - No reward points ...?
      collisr Gold

Thanks Josh - tried a direct message, but kept getting a blank pop-up with the word "close" on it when I click "send". Did you get my message?

collisr Gold

Hey Josh - apologies for posting everything here - the DM doesn't seem to work, not sure how direct email works so responding here

Below are two extracts from emails that the consultancy sent me regarding some focus group work to discuss some proposed mission statements and goals of a future Marriott International rebrand. I hope it's fairly obvious. First email (10-Jun-15 from: no-reply@mailing.insites-consulting.com] Title - "Earn 10,000 Marriott Rewards Points or a 50 GBP Amazon gift card in return for your valued opinion" " Marriott International is setting up a short-term, online community of valued customers who can share their insights with us regarding their travel and hotel experiences. As an Elite member, your perspective is invaluable to us; therefore, we would like to invite you to participate in this important initiative. The community will “meet” online and require approximately 2 hours of your time over the course of the following two-week period: Tuesday, June 16 to Tuesday, June 30. The online forum allows you to participate at times most convenient to you; there is no pre-set schedule. Please note that your identity will be kept completely confidential.  What does your participation in this community entail?  An online community is an online platform that allows you to log in and share your feedback wherever you are (mobile and desktop enabled). The online community will run for 2 weeks: June 16 to June 30. We'll ask you to complete approximately 6 short activities per week Active participants will receive their choice of either 10,000 Marriott Rewards Points or a 50 GBP Amazon gift card upon completion of the 2-week period. To learn more and find out if you fit the profile to participate in our community, please click the link below. It will take less than 10 minutes to complete the survey.  ..." Myself and around 50 others then used the consultancy site to offer opinion on various mission statements and goals proposed by Marriott. Then , after completion of the focus group I received the last email from this consultancy (07-Jul-15 from] Title - "Hotel Think Tank Rewards" "You are receving this email it is because you are eligible for a reward for the hotel think tank community having met the criteria for active participation. Therefore, I would like to thank you personally for the effort and detail you put into your posts and remind you that all of this effort is really going to help Marriott and the InSites team to develop the ideas we showed you. Just to keep you updated, these rewards are currently being processed. Unfortunately this has taken a little extra time than usual as we have a little more to organise in conjuction with Marriott but rest assured that the process is currently underway." Any help greatly appreciated.

wembleygal Platinum 4 Reviews

I was also part of this forum.

I asked for an Amazon voucher, but instead, I just noticed that my account has been posted with points.  I am very, very annoyed.

hallchr Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi

I contacted the company directly for my Amazon voucher, got no reply from Niall, despite all the work we put in, they are "getting back to me" they have a twitter account post something on there, this does reflect on Marriott, we all worked very hard for the 2 weeks now nothing, no replies to emails

Chris

landk Platinum

I too am in the same situation.  I requested points and nothing has been credited to my account.  My emails to Niall go unanswered.  Seems all a bit of a scam to me.  I've emailed Marriott directly but have not had a response yet.  If this is the type of company Marriott choose to engage then I am having serious reservations about Marriott. 

hallchr Platinum 2 Reviews

just go to twitter and post in their bit, you get a reply in 5 mins and it is sorted within 24 hours

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for your additional information, collisr.  I will pass this along to our team for clarity.  Once I've heard back from them, I'll let you know.

wembleygal, hallchr, bus_traveller and landk,  if you are still experiencing issues, can you send me a private message with your rewards numbers? I will do the same for you as well

Thanks in advance!!

landk Platinum

I had sent three emails to Insites, FAO Niall and I finally received a reply;

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the lack of communication in regards to incentives. Working as an independent freelancer for InSites I have limited access to this email account once a project has finished which put a time strain on organising these incentives.

I can confirm that due to the email issues because of temporary access you were put down to receive an Amazon Voucher for active participation. This is currently being organised and is out of my hands but i have let InSites know that you in fact wanted to receive points instead. My sincerest apologies for failing to communicate this to them earlier. Please however do not allow this to reflect badly upon Marriott who are simply a client of InSites.

Unfortunately it doesn't help the situation, but goes towards explaining why Niall hasn't been in contact.  I still think this reflects badly on Marriott

landk Platinum

I dont know about the others on this post but I have now received the points on my reward account.

I did email Niall (heard nothing further back) but I think it is more likely to be down to CARAT for helping as per the posts above so thank you very much. Hope the others have their points credited also.

Thanks again carat, great work.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...