8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2015 12:42 AM by iahflyr RSS

40th alone in USA Holiday

adamfromscotland Silver
Currently Being Moderated

40th Birthday alone in USA

Im from the UK and i have already booked up my flights to New York, Las Vegas San Francisco and Phoenix

But ive not booked anyhwhere yet for my big 40, will be in USA for two weeks before my big day

Im going to be ALONE

So i had in mind Costa Rice but maybe to rainy and alone =

So i thought maybe Virgin Islands Frenchmans Marriott or Miami JW or even Orlando or Clearwater

Anyone any suggestions please

For a sad lonely guy lol

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
USA COSTA RICA MIAMI
  • Re: 40th alone in USA Holiday
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

image.jpg

Charleston, South Carolina, is the number one tourist city in the U.S.- maybe you should include this historic, coastal town in your trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

adamfromscotland Silver

Thanks I will actually consider that, see how it goes so far booked a few places but still have 1-2 weeks free

nice photo

702rugbyref Platinum

Choose the Virgin Islands any day over Florida. Happy early B-Day.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Happy 40th, select the Marco Island Hotels | Marco Island Marriott if you want Florida as it is a wonderful spot even if you're alone. 

adamfromscotland Silver

Hi checked it out Suite not avaiable for my Birthday and was expensive for a normal room

Thanks for the tips

Will keep looking

Heck splurge and tell them it's your birthday and you'll be coming from the UK, ask for one of the Lanai' Suites and see what they say!!

feistybulldog Platinum

HI Adam,

The Virgin Islands would be my number one choice, but one of the most costly, so depending on budget, Florida could be a good back up plan.  St. Thomas is a bit touristy for me; St. John, Virgin Gorda or Tortola are my recommendations.

I've never been to Marco Island, but have heard good things. I am returning to Clearwater and staying at the Marriott on Sand Key, the whole area is easy to navigate and super laid back.

Charleston is on my 'must see' list and Savannah is a similar, albeit smaller city option.

And, while we're in the south, New Orleans is a personal favorite.

Hope this helps.

Scrub Island Resort in BVI is AWESOME...........................been there twice and nothing has topped it for relaxation, beauty, gorgeous water and friendly associates at the resort.

Again Marco is it for FL.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...