13 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2016 9:18 PM by GoldenBoy RSS

What is your favorite Boston Area Marriott Residence Inn?

carolina1 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

The Residence Inn in Needham is very nice and has free parking.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What is your favorite Boston Area Marriott Residence Inn?
    joshm Member

Thanks for sharing, carolina1!

I've never been to Boston, but VERY much would like to spend some time over there. I grew up a Red Sox fan (Nomar Garciaparra was my favorite player), and would love to see the ball park, and a Red Sox game!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carolina1 Gold

Interestingly, Josh M, we are Yankee fans, but now my daughter lives in Boston so we visit regularly and the Residence inn in Needham is our new favorite place to stay.  i don't like the parking fees for the Marriott's in Boston.

merc Platinum

II'd suggest the Framingham property.  It is right off the Mass Pike/Rt 9 interchange.  good staff and location.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

While this RI may not qualify as "Boston Area", my wife and I stay at the RI in Portsmouth, NH 2 times per year (spring and fall).  The staff there is awesome; its a short walk to all the shops; and the free breakfast is actually very good!  We can't wait for our visit over Columbus Day weekend - hopefully tress are in prime color!!!

arbplatinum Platinum

I am looking to stay in Boston for 2 nights later this month with the family (wife and 3 kids) at the end of a Vermont ski trip before we fly back to Florida. Suggestions for best Marriott property to stay at where we could walk to things, activities, restaurants, bars, etc? Trying to ideally stay on points. Thanks.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

On my next trip to Boston, I plan to stay at the relatively new RI near Fenway Park.  It has been highly recommended to me!

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

arbplatinum... have two favorites in Boston, the 1st being the Boston Marriott Copley Plaza, which is close to Newbury Street with all the great cafes and shops as well as being connected to other hotels and the Shops at Prudential Center.  Tons of great restaurants nearby and close to everything.

My second favorite and a bit off the beaten path is the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel near the Convention Center.  There are some great restaurants real close to this property and only a short cab ride to the North End, Faneuil Hall or the New England Aquarium.  You can also catch the "T" and take it wherever you want to go in Boston.

jehoey Platinum

Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf right near the USS Constitution and a great place to view the 4th of July fireworks.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

While this is not really a "Boston Area" Residence Inn, the Portsmouth, NH RI is very nice and I always get an upgraded room.  Portsmouth offers many great restaurants and all sorts of shops that keeps my wife busy shopping and my credit card getting swiped!!!

mustanggt Platinum

Just stayed at the Portsmouth Residence Inn and I do think it is one of the better ones.  Very clean, conveniently located, and I also was upgraded without asking.

GoldenBoy Platinum

I've stayed at the one in Cambridge, which was quite nice, but as a general rule, I don't like staying at Residence Inn anymore because I don't think getting half the amount of Marriott points versus most other brands is fair (5points per dollar spent instead of 10 points per dollar)!  Why doesn't Marriott change that?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...