10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2015 2:33 PM by phctourist RSS

EARLY MORNING COFFEE AVAILABILITY

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T START THEY DAY WITHOUT A GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

(Note:  in my opinion coffee service found "in room" is of a quality that is unacceptable to an individual that enjoys a good cup or two of "brew" to begin the day")

FACT #1:  a few years ago prior to the CL opening there  wasn't one full service hotel that didn't provide freshly brewed coffee (usually found in the lobby and complimentary ) for those early risers (for whatever reason - mainly time zone sufferers).

FACT #2: due to concession agreements most properties have installed "Starbuck locations" that precluded an individual from obtaining coffee (prior to the CL opening without going to the expense of room service) until the Starbucks opened - and when it did - bearing the cost of a cup of "Jo".

I welcome other's opinionsE and curious, if this inability to obtain a simple cup of coffee is as important to other members as it is to me.

I cannot understand why such a simple gesture of providing a coffee service in the lobby, which must be a minimal expense is not standard procedure at all propertiesl

Looking forward to your comments and if you miss this service as much as me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: EARLY MORNING COFFEE AVAILABILITY
    702rugbyref Platinum

I have heard this from so many people. I just try to find a Dunkin Donuts if available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

Unfortunately Dunkin locations are still rare in the West.

They are expanding in that direction but very few have operating at this timel

702rugbyref Platinum

1000 by the end of 2016 in SoCal

Platinum 28 Reviews

If only some would replace the Starbucks in many Marriotts

joshm Member

Wow.

Never been to a Dunkin Donuts but it sounds like they're making their way west.

702rugbyref Platinum

Their coffee is half the price and better (at least the dark roast is). Everyday and any day I would chose over Starbucks.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

coral  Springs Marriott always had free coffee on the go was there last week and now they are ripping out the bar area and installing a Starbucks even the spring hill suites I stayed in had a Starbucks it's a win win situation for Marriott the charge Starbucks rent and stop giving out round the clock coffee

702rugbyref Platinum

Not being an avid Starbucks drinker (over-priced in my opinion), I would prefer just to have a good coffee at a local coffee/breakfast place. Now I do like a good coffee when I go out for dinner however as well.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

It's only a win win for Marriott if they don't alienate many customers.

Obviously many of us do not like this change and it will cost Marriott.

In room coffewe service is mediocre, at best.  Fortunately, most FS Marriotts are providing decent coffee in the CL.

joshm Member

Thanks for sharing this, misterchk.

I'm curious to read the perspectives of the community on the coffee situation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...