I have to give a shout out to the team at the AC Hotel Barcelona Forum. On a recent trip to Spain, I decided to try the AC brand (after all, it originated in Spain so I figured what the heck). Of the three different AC hotels I visited (one in Barcelona and two in Madrid), the AC Hotel Barcelona Forum was by far the best. I booked a family room/suite that allowed two adults and two children to stay in the same room. This was not an option at many of the other AC Hotels that I considered; in those other locations I had to book two rooms. I didn't know what to expect so my expectations were set pretty low (just in case). What I found, however, was just the opposite, this was a fantastic hotel in a great location with some great amenities at a reasonable cost:
- ocean view rooms with a short walk to the beach
- a full service spa
- a rooftop pool/bar with a spectacular view of both the beach and the city center
- a shopping mall across the street
- the hop on/hop off sightseeing bus right outside the hotel
- easy access to the metro or a 6-10 euro cab ride to almost anywhere in the city
This was a great location, in a beautiful hotel, with an extremely friendly/helpful staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Barcelona for either business or vacation.