This discussion is locked
9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2015 4:31 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Platinum Challenge

jones1cy Member
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi guys! I'm quite confused about this "platinum challenge" that my co-workers are telling me about. I'm hoping someone can clear things up for me..

I called Marriott to ask for the challenge and I was told that I could not skip levels. When I asked about my friends skipping levels (3 of them were able to skip levels), I was told that "it was probably a courtesy extended to them". If that's the case, then why wouldn't the courtesy be extended to everyone? Did I just get a grumpy rep.? 

I was also told that some of my points shouldn't really count because some of the reservations on my account are in my husbands name and not mine. I explained that that has never been an issue and again I was told  "it probably a courtesy extended to me but really shouldn't have been".   The rep. on the phone told me that she "wouldn't take any points away from me"  but that in the future all reservations need to me in my name.   Take points away from me???? Is that something that can actually happen?  ARG!! I'm confused and actually a little angry..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Challenge
    702rugbyref Platinum

I am thinking a grumpy rep....you will get plenty of guidance in this forum. There are other blogs on this topic as well you may want to check out in the meantime. Maybe one of the moderators will chime in as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

Terms say that for points to be accrued, the name on the reservation MUST match the name on the rewards number.

If you want to skip levels, you can do it with a credit card. I skipped from silver and took platinum challenge by getting Gold through the Ritz card.

Platinum 28 Reviews

I give up - (evidently another effort to quiet me - NEVER - lol)  WHAT IN THE WORLD OF MARRIOTT IS A PLATINUM CHALLENGE????????????????????????????

ndn Platinum

It's a challenge to gain Platinum status: Make 9 separate stays over 3 months and obtain Platinum status.

Platinum 28 Reviews

My paranoia got to me - I'm assuming the challenge isn't available to a Lifetime Plat

ndn Platinum

You are already platinum...how can you challenge for the same status?

702rugbyref Platinum

He is challenging the Challenge lol misterchk

Platinum 28 Reviews

Don't know about you - but I'm getting a definite feeling that we have many MRI members that have nothing to do today but keep one eye on their computer and (like me) watching the "telly"...............

702rugbyref Platinum

LOL...I drop  by 2-3 times a day ...randomly..just to read YOUR posts!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...