11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2015 10:52 PM by LuckyCharm$ RSS

Marriott Rewards Refer A Friend Bonus

LuckyCharm$ Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I recently referred a friend to join the Marriott family and get the Marriott Rewards card. It's my understanding that when you refer a friend and they join the program you as well as they get 2,000 points for every time they stay at a Marriott brand hotel (booked directly via Marriott) up to five times (totaling 10,000 points). My question is how long does it take after each stay for the points to post to my account?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Refer A Friend Bonus
    joshm Member

Hey LuckyCharm$,

Excellent question. I'm going to look into this for you and seek clarification. Stay tuned. I'll follow up with details as soon as I receive them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

I too referred a friend to join MR through the credit card....which he did but I never received the 10k points as stated...I had forgot about this when I speak with MR.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

702rugbyref they have too different referral programs. The one I mentioned is only for the Marriott Rewards membership card and the one you are referring to is the Marriott Credit Card through Chase. I was told by Chase & Marriott that the only way for you to get credit for the referral (10,000 points) was your friend had to apply via the link that they send out once you submit your friends name and email address. When I first heard about this I send out a lot of referrals and I did receive my 10,000 points only after the person used the card. I just recently referred another friend and they were approved so once she gets and uses her card I should get another 10,000 points.

702rugbyref Platinum

LuckyCharm$in my case, it is the Chase CC referral. I looked at my account and have not received this referral bonus and my friend has used his card since he received somewhere back in January/Frbraury

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I would give them a call. As long as your friend applied via the link sent to them via email you should get the 10,000 referral points. I recently received my 2nd 10,000 bonus points from my second referral. I can get up to 3 more in this calendar year for a total of 50,000 points. I was trying to get them while Chase had this 80,000 sign on bonus. I wish you well with getting your points.

702rugbyref Platinum

Never ever received my referral bonus and I know he was approved and travels.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

Did you give CS a call. I'm sure they can assist. We are talking about 10,000 points

LuckyCharm$ Gold

Thanks joshm

joshm Member

LuckyCharm$,

Here's what I've found:

Points should post to both accounts within 24 hours of the stay posting. Normally, these points post the same time as the stay posts. 

A helpful note here: Stays can take up to10 days after checkout to post to accounts.

So, the points should be added quickly after the stay is, but the stay can take up to 10 days. Hope this helps.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

The points for the stay have already posted. In fact they posted two days after check-out. I will give them the 10 days to see if they post and after that I will give customer service a call. Thanks joshm your help is always appreciated.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...