2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2015 12:21 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Upcoming Vacation Location

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello fellow MR groupees.

What is your next vacation plans and why?

My next BIG vacation is to western Europe - Barcelona, Paris, Marseilles, Florence, Naples and Rome for two weeks with the wife for her birthday present. Interestingly, we are one of the first USAirways flights that will ALL become American Airlines October 17 so I am sure there will not be any problems, right?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Barcelona, Spain The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Arts Barcelona
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Pisa, Pisa, Italy AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Pisa
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
Florence, Italy
Marseilles, France
  • Re: Upcoming Vacation Location
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Sounds exciting! Here's my take:  In Paris I would recommend the Le Parc Trocadero (near the Eiffel Tower), or the Marriott on Champs 'd Elysee (latter more expensive, but in heart of Paris).

Rather than stay in Pisa, I'd suggest staying at a small hotel or B&B in nearby Lucca, or better yet, at the Ciocco Renaissance in Barga (about 1.5 hours from Pisa). There's not much to see in Pisa (in my opinion), other than the famous tower, and you can drive there for a brief tour from either Barga or Lucca.

The Grand Flora in Rome is as the name suggests - "Grand" - the "Piece De Resistance" -  and if you're Platinum the breakfast bar is a sensational gift.

The Marriott in Florence is a bit out of town, but accessible via taxi from train station, assuming you're arriving via train. I prefer staying in heart of Florence at small hotel B&B, and you'll probably only need one day here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upcoming Vacation Location
      702rugbyref Platinum

OUTSTANDING recommendations...thank you!! fschumpert

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...