11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2015 4:58 AM by kharada46 RSS

Remembering Insiders Member alrenaissance

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It is with a heavy heart that I report to the Insider Community that one of our own, alrenaissance (Al Furedy) has passed.  Looking through my Facebook feed today, I stumbled on a post from his sister memorializing Al on this, the 1st anniversary of his passing.

Al was a great guy and was The specified item was not found..  I regret that I wasn't able to meet him in person, our planned meeting at the Waikiki Beach Marriott foiled by a potential tsunami.  But in grand Al fashion, he waited out the potential disaster, medicinal in hand, at the property's pool bar.

Rest in Peace Al... May you be having a grand time at the big CL in the sky.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Remembering Insiders Member alrenaissance
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

RIP, Al.  May he rest easy in that big Marriott in the sky.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

So sorry to hear this news. Prayers for him & his family. Thanks for letting us know, kharada46.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

kharada46 

Thanks for posting this.  I always enjoyed Al's posts here on Insiders.  When active Insiders mysteriously disappear I always begin to wonder if they are taking a break from the community or if something else happened.  I'm really sorry to hear of his passing from last year.  I found this online obituary for Al:   http://obituaries.triblive.com/listing/242596/Albert-D-Furedy-Jr/

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Thank you vaboywnder, for taking the time to find his obituary. 

If anyone is interested in knowing exactly what happened, here's a link to his Facebook.  A post was made by a family member with a recount on July 25, 2014.

Al Furedy | Facebook

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Al was some character...great poster.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I never got to know much about Al other than he was as mentioned earlier a character.

My condolences go out to all his family and friend, as well as Insider friends he had here.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

It's been a sobering week on MRI and an occasion for reflection. May Al's loved ones find some consolation in the tributes posted here and elsewhere.

702rugbyref Platinum

Sounds like he was a great guy!

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Al was another one of the first people I interacted with on MRI my first day.  He warmly welcomed me, gave me great advice, and I was struck by how "super-nice" he and everyone else were.  He will be missed.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I was so sad to read this.  Al was funny, intelligent, engaging and brought a lot of positive energy to this community.  There were times when he even occasionally provided us with a glimpse into his soul.  He, like many others who had moved on from being active members here, had been missed, and now with this news, is truly missed.  He was indeed, like Sledchick wrote, "super-nice!"  I hope and pray he is at peace.

kharada46, maybe you can post a link to this thread on his fb page.  His family might be warmed to know that he is being fondly remembered by friends here.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...