4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2015 3:30 PM by eb5147 RSS

Do you keep your room type if you shorten a reservation?

familyvacation Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I know that if you modify a reservation you risk paying a higher room rate.    Do you also risk losing your reserved room type if you are just shortening the length of a reservation?   I can understand that happening if you are lengthening a reservation and the room type is no longer available on the additional day(s), but theoretically it shouldn't happen for shortening a reservation.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do you keep your room type if you shorten a reservation?
    702rugbyref Platinum

I keep mine.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

*lucky1* Silver

Keep...

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Very interesting question, familyvacation

I'm curious, what would your answer be? Or are you looking to the community for some guidance?

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I read this wrong initially.  It's about whether or not the hotel gives you the same type of room if it's shortened, right?  I would think you might even be able to get a better room if it could be upgraded to a shorter time length.  If it's like a vacation, you can often get better rooms at non-peak times of the week than you can if it includes a weekend.  I usually like to book on Sunday through Thursday for that reason.  Lower points or rates and better room choices.  The room comparison reservations can usually help you decide.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...