15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2015 12:12 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Why No AARP Discount at Marriott?

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So, I am a newly minted AARP member (yes just over the 50 year old plateau and closer to the 51 honestly) and just received my list of membership discounts which are pretty nice for money in my pocket for sure.

I noted that several hotel chains including Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Wyndham, Best Western, etc all offer AARP discounts ranging from 5-20%...so if all the BIG GUNS are partners, why is it that Marriott is not? I probably have asked a rhetorical question here I realize but I am curious to hear what Marriott has to say about us who are approaching retirement and beyond.

Thanks Phil

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why No AARP Discount at Marriott?
    702rugbyref Platinum

Some great deals on food and travel too and I would definitely recommend for the cost of this membership.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Marriott offers a senior discount, but it doesn't kick in until 62. Hang in there, it's only a decade away.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Pretty easy for a gen-x, county-collectin' whipper-snapper to say! I'm starin' at the discount, and I gotta believe that in the big scheme, it could be a somewhat mixed blessing.

702rugbyref Platinum

Hidden innuendo 'Big Scheme'...too funny! foxglove

Last of the baby-boomers pushing through!

702rugbyref Platinum

Now that is funny! My plan is to hang in there lol!

bejacobPlatinum

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for posting 702rugbyref! I reached out to the team to see if they can provide any insight around this.

Jsucool76 Gold

In 29 years I might have to change my hotel loyalty if marriott doesn't institute an AARP discount

702rugbyref Platinum

Young whipper-snappers out there just slamming us older more mature folks

Jsucool76

KatieC Member

Ok, here's the scoop. lindseyh looked into this for you and we have the details on Marriott's senior discount: Marriott hotel discount: Senior discounts

A few things to note:

• The senior discount at Marriott is available to all seniors, not just AARP members.
    • Age 62 is an industry standard for defining seniors, plus a standard for research companies and government agencies.
    • The senior discount is not limited to the United States; many of our international properties offer a senior discount.
    • This provides a greater savings than AARP.
    • All you need to do is present a driver’s license or proof of age ID. AARP requires members pay a fee to be a part of the program.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

702rugbyref Platinum

Very helpful and thank you for the clarity.

KatieC

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Always check all their rates AAA/ senior and sometime the regular  . Its interesting to see which is lower and manty times senior rate is not available. But worth trying

702rugbyref Platinum

I get other discounts as well such as VIP Athletic rate or AAA.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...