12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2015 9:23 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Trying to decide between London Marriott Hotel Park Lane and St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

bjr55 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My husband, adult children, and I are traveling to London for four days, and I am trying to decide between staying at the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane and St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel.  Could any frequent London travelers suggest one hotel over the other?  Also, I am a gold member, and was wondering if you have access to an executive lounge at St. Pancras.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London England, Marriott Park Lane
  • Re: Trying to decide between London Marriott Hotel Park Lane and St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
    joshm Member

Hello and welcome to the Insiders forum, bjr55!

You've come to the right place to ask a question like this. Once the rest of the wonderful community sees this thread, I don't doubt they'll chime in with insights and recommendations. These guys and gals are always sharing, which is what the community is all about!

In the meantime, I've included some threads that may contain helpful insights as you make plans:

Re: St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

Re: St Pancras Renaissance Hotel - London ... Any of you stayed there yet?

Re: LONDON

Hope these help!

If you have any concerns you'd like addressed, or need support of any kind, feel free to give me (joshm) or lindseyh a shout out. We make up the moderation team for the forum and we're here to help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trying to decide between London Marriott Hotel Park Lane and St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
    dms2507 Platinum

WWithout doubt the St Pancras Renaissance is a world above the Marriott but the price tag is high. Be warned there are two veray distinct wings  in this hotel - the Barlow wing and the Chambers wing. The Barlow rooms are the standard rooms in the modern building at the rear. It's quite a walk from the lobby and rooms are nice but pretty standard despite the high rates.  The Chambers side rooms are spectacular Junior Suites and above and are in the original St Pancras building. Even the elevators on this side are magnificent! These rooms come with Chambers Club access but regardless of Marriott Rewards level, you won't get Club access if you're in a Barlow room in the other wing - they are very strict on that.  Also be aware that there are different category Barlow rooms which means a hike in the room rate for twin beds or even a marginally larger room.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Park lane is great has all the bells and whistles and a very nice lounge haven't stayed in the other one so can't comment on it

ramoneur Platinum

why not try them both?

if hauling luggage back and forth is the problem, then pack lightly for a one-day stay at the other hotel ;-)

blava007 Platinum

bjr55

Between the two options you asked about, I would suggest a stay at the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, it's closer to the major city places, etc. to visit.

The St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel is very historical hotel, the location little away from major attractions, if you are NOT a Platinum Member there is no access to the Lounge.  If you are heading to Europe on Eurorail, that would be an ideal place to stay day prior to your travel.

If you have the option change into the JW Marriott, it's a very short distance from the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, but you will like the Hotel and the stay there better.

Keep Calm and Enjoy London   

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

As I sit currently in the St Pancras lounge, I would say go for another place.  It's a nice lounge to be sure, one of the nicest I've experienced in London BUT if you don't have access it's of no value.  Depending on your plans and budget, there's a lot of more options in the city. 

If you are going for the traditional city center tourist bits, County Hall is about as good as you can get on location. 

If you are using the train system and Kings Cross is the station that works, this place is great for no commute but it's not an easy journey here from Heathrow.

If you are looking for more upper end, Park Lane or JW Grosvenor or the Marriott Grosvenor are great options, though that area is $$ and congested a lot.  It is pretty dead on for the park and palaces though.

If you want something a little farther out that might save some $ or points, West India Quay or Maida Vale are good options.

I'm not sure that gold gets you access to any of the lounges however so check each property. 

lexdevil Platinum

Park Lane is my overall favorite. We stayed there for a week during the Olympics. At the time, rooms were modern and not too different from the Barlow rooms at the St. Pancras Renaissance. The lounge was small but nice, and treats (macarons, candies, etc.) were left in our room each day. Service is understated and professional. The location is terrific, right next to the Marble Arch tube station. Additionally, the Park Lane has been renovated since we last stayed there (just last summer), so everything should be new and fresh.

My favorite aspect of the Park Lane is its small size (just 152 rooms as opposed to 245 for St. Pancras and 496 for the JW Grosvenor House). County Hall, though it only has 200 rooms, is huge. I had no idea, until I stayed at the Park Lane, how little I would miss having a grand lobby or impressive public rooms, and how much I would appreciate uncrowded elevators and a short walk to my room.

702rugbyref Platinum

good information as usual!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...