10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2015 6:40 PM by jerryl RSS

Heaven on Earth at this fantastic property!

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The JW Marriott Camelback Inn, Scottsdale, Arizona

I have been staying at this hotel for over 20 years and if it didn't take me 12 hours on a plane to get there, I'd be staying more often!

I am a creature of habit - if I like somewhere I will go again and I never ever tire of the Camelback. The moment I stepped out of the taxi and greeted by the always friendly bellmen, I felt a huge sigh of relief that after a long journey I had come home and was about to enter paradise once again. There is definitely an air of calm at the Camelback and that's why I return time and time again.

The hotel had emailed to pre warn me of the main Jackrabbit pool closure for renovation and my usual choice of room location was not available but I was provided with an absolutely beautiful alternative very close to the Spa, and therefore away from any building noise.I noticed that rooms near the renovation had been taken off sale and, therefore, the hotel had taken every precaution to allow guests to enjoy their stay without disturbance. A big thank you to Ainsley for taking such great care of me (as always).

The Spa pool was made available for everyone over the age of 18 and it was slightly busier than usual but this had no impact on my peaceful and relaxing time. Arrangement for families with children have been provided at a nearby property.

I would like to highlight a few other staff members and departments -

It was lovely to see Darci and Susan once again who were both as welcoming and  friendly as ever and I noticed their friendly approach to all guests round the Spa pool, so it wasn't just me that got their wonderful service! I would also like to mention another Sprouts/Spa pool staff member - Kevin, who was absolutely charming and also gave great service. I had hoped to see him when I left to say goodbye and to wish him and his wife well as he was about to become a father, so I hope he gets to read this. The food at Sprouts at the Spa is great - I can highly recommend the Golden Gazpacho soup, so nice that I got the recipe from the chef emailed to me, which was another gold star for good service. The Strawberry Salad and the Chicken Quesadilla were other favourites of mine.

A visit to the main bar at BLT for their extended happy hour until 7pm (I think from 4 or 5pm?) is highly recommended not only for excellent value drinks, but great value food (their burger was the best I've ever had anywhere). Great service again from Jeff the barman at BLT.

Food at BLT steak is excellent, amazing steaks, great service. Not cheap but definitely well worth it and I had such good steak that I returned the next night for the same New York Strip.

I didn't have the time to visit Rita's bar and restaurant on this stay but have in the past and they too have a happy hour for food and drink between 3pm - 6pm, which is excellent value.

I'm not a large breakfast eater but I know from friends that the hotel has an amazing buffet breakfast. I was quite happy with my coffee and cheese danish from their onsite Starbucks.

Keep an eye out for the lovely Jackrabbits on the property, they are such adorable little rabbits.

I didn't use the concierge services but they did leave me a very nice welcome message that also thanked me for my loyalty to Marriott and recognised my Platinum status. This also applies to the lovely staff in the gift shop who always thank you for being a Platinum member and your loyalty. Both concierge and gift shop staff say it with meaning which is wonderful rather than saying it because they should.

During my oh too short 5 nights at the Camelback, I only left the hotel once to visit the Fashion Square Mall. There is a sign at the entrance to the hotel drive which says "In all the world only one" and I was perfectly happy to sit relaxed knowing I was in the best place in Scottsdale.

When the bellman placed my luggage in the taxi, he thanked me for staying at the Camelback Inn, which was a lovely choice of words to send me on my long journey back to London, UK.

Camelback I miss you already and I can't wait to visit again!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
JW Marriott
Camelback Inn
  • Re: Heaven on Earth at this fantastic property!
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

platinumstar, I couldn't agree more.  I've only had the good fortune to stay there once.  A memorable experience! 

Thanks for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

platinumstar,

Great review of an excellent resort for sure, well done.

I've had the pleasure of staying at Camelback Inn a few times over the years and each time am greeted at the Front Desk with a hearty "welcome back, it's great to see you" which is always appreciated.  We've had a very nice room that opens to a quiet terrace or patio, been upgraded to a huge room with a loft and an a roof top patio, regardless of what type of room it's always spotless and comfortable.

The breakfast buffet could be the largest and best combination of food I have ever experienced and as you mention the Happy Hour at Rita's can't be beat.

Thank you for your post, it makes me want to return to Scottsdale and Camelback Inn.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have often looked at this property as I am in Scottsdale a few times a year...I just can't wrap my hands around the extra $$.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The last few times we visited my Son and I went to play golf in the summer (I know, high temps but it's a dry heat) and after 36 holes starting early it was great to get back to the resort and have some time at the pool, plus that time of year rates are normally pretty good.  Also very close to some excellent spots to eat on Scottsdale Blvd.

702rugbyref Platinum

Not being a golfer...more like a ditch digger, that is one of my demotivating factors as to why I have not stayed here...although the wife talks about spas all the friggin time! IAHFLYR

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I have only been to Scottsdale once back in July of '99. It was a dry heat but it was 109 degrees 4 days in a row. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get dehydrated. I started drinking water at 6AM when our tee time was at 7:15. You know its HOT when the A/C indoors is like 80 degrees and it feels like a refrigerator.

702rugbyref Platinum

That's our life here in Vegas as well...110+ outside and the AC is on 82 because it is too cold otherwise (not to mention how expensive!). ks77

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...