11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2015 11:53 AM by joshm RSS

What are some good places to enjoy and kill time ?

ceecee1994 Member
Currently Being Moderated

image.jpgimage.jpgI'm currently moving to Georgia from Tennessee. I would like to know what are some good spots to hit in the city of Atlanta as far as dining and night activities goes? I'm movin to a city thats an hour away but in a few weeks i will be staying in the city for a concert coming up. Any suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta_Georgia_marriott_brand
  • Re: What are some good places to enjoy and kill time ?
    KatieC Member

Thanks for posting CeeCee1994, and congrats on your upcoming move! I haven't been to Atlanta in years so looking forward to seeing what recommendations the community has for you. What's your favorite type of food?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Atlanta is one of my favorite cities to visit.  Each neighborhood is a little different and its almost like visiting different places when you go from one area to another.  My favorite neighborhoods in Atlanta are Buckhead and Midtown.  Buckhead is an upscale area with many fine restaurants and shops.  Midtown is known for culture, arts, and diversity.  The Atlanta Convention & Visitor's Bureau has put together a great website which outlines restaurants and things to do in each neighborhood.  You will also find night club listings as well.  http://www.atlanta.net/

My favorite place to stay in Atlanta is the JW Marriott Buckhead.  The staff is always warm and welcoming.  Next door to the hotel is the Lennox Shopping Mall which is one of the best places to shop in the city.  The hotel is also across the street from the MARTA which makes getting around the city really convenient.

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

So many options in Atlanta….lots of tours, historic places, theaters, great shopping & restaurants.  If you were looking for a nice day trip kind of outing after your move,  the Georgia Aquarium & Stone Mountain Park are fun and enjoyable.  There are 2 Marriott choices right on the property of Stone Mountain.

As to your upcoming stay for a concert, depending on where it is, check with the concierge about local favorites or the website vaboywnder suggests for dining/nightlife activities.

Good luck with your move!

ceecee1994 Member

KatieC my favorite food is seafood and also caribbean foods as well. I'll be staying at the fairfield downtown any of those types of places near there ?

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I'll second vaboywnder's recommendation for dining in Buckhead -- Lots of good restaurants there. In addition to 77paris's suggestions, here are a few more possible future day-trip destinations:

High Museum of Art -- world class art collection, from classic to contemporary, with a huge collection of African art

Atlanta Botanical Garden -- 30 acres of beautiful gardens, fountains, and landscapes adjacent to Piedmont Park

Fernbank Science Center -- The planetarium shows are always fascinating and entertaining

Fernbank Museum of Natural History -- interesting and educational exhibits; IMAX theater and dining options

Zoo Atlanta -- always an enjoyable place to visit and pack a picnic

702rugbyref Platinum

Interested in this blog as I have not spent much quality time in this City

ceecee1994 Member

vaboywnder thanks for link, from the looks of it I'll definitely have to try rays ! I love a fresh seafood restaurant !

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

image.jpgI Stayed out in alparetta last year for 2 weeks visited stone mountain Atlanta zoo Augusta amongst other places really enjoyed the area

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...