15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2016 10:56 AM by YogiB RSS

Delta Hotels and Brand Badges

jmanrunner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am staying at a Delta hotel for the first time this weekend. Will this earn credit towards the Brand Loyalist and Brand Explorer Badges? I know I need to paid stay in a new (to me) brand twice to get the credit but I do not see the Delta brand listed in the rewards member section of the website. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Delta Hotels and Brand Badges
    702rugbyref Platinum

Good question..I hope so.

I have stayed at a Delta in both Kelowna and Halifax last year ...prior to joining MR and both were very nice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

I just checked on the MR hotel badges and DO NOT see a Delta badge available...bummer!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for your response here, 702rugbyref! You are correct, There currently are not hotel badges available for Delta properties. The brand will not be fully on-board with Rewards until February of 2016. I recommend checking back in then!

jmanrunner Platinum

What about earning points and elite night credits for a paid stay at Delta hotels? I was told by the platinum reservations desk that I would earn both. When you say they are not fully on-board with Rewards what does that mean? What is missing from the normal relationship with say a FS Marriott or Courtyard?

Jsucool76 Gold

Enjoy benefits during your stays beginning June 18th. Earn and redeem rewards in 2016.

Discover the Delta Difference

That is from marriott website. Benefits started last month, earning and redeeming rewards dont start till 2016 (I assume in feb when they join)

tishers Platinum

It does seem that Marriott jumped the gun in promoting the Delta brand. If you bring another chain on-board then they should be prepared to fully support (and integrate) it, just like the other brands.

This is like holding out a piece of candy and offering it as a gift but then saying "oh, do the things we want now but wait until February of next year before those contributions mean something".

Maybe this is a negotiating tactic with Delta; To demonstrate to them what the value is in becoming part of the Marriott conglomerate (syndicate?). Demonstrating the uptick in customers prior to full participation.

As a rewards member it is a bit disappointing as we expect full services from all of the Marriott brands.

tishers Platinum

Other than points, what would those benefits be?

jmanrunner Platinum

It took several phone calls but armed with comments from @lindseyh and @Jsucool76 I now hear the same answer from Platinum guest services. Points and nights earnings do not happen until 2016. I am on a LTP quest... Fairfield Inn here I come. Delta, see ya next year.

702rugbyref Platinum

RO...ro...

jmanrunner Platinum

The Fairfield Inn & Suites is GREAT! Looks brand new, room is very good and super clean. Just a fantastic property. I get that Delta may be a higher end property but I am not disappointed in choosing this location for the points/nights advantage this year. No upgrade was given when I checked in and I quietly asked if any were available. :-)  However, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I will stay at the Delta next time through for sure. I want that 25 point badge.

tishers Platinum

When I get up north of the frost line (and in to Canada) I will need to try one out. It sounds interesting.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have stayed at a few of the Deltas (being from Canada originally and really enjoy the ones in Kelowna BC, Banff AB and St.Johns, NL

texasal Platinum 10 Reviews

Marriott neither gives nights nor points credits currently for their recently acquired Delta properties;however, one may book Delta through the Marriott web site and Marriott Visa Card recognizes the Delta chain as a Marriott property and rewards the normal 5x bonus for charges at a Delta. Really the only thing Marriott has not done is load the codes for consumers to receive points. Why are they keeping those points and nights for themselves?

texasal Platinum 10 Reviews

Marriott has not migrated Marriott Rewards into Delta system. I received nothing from Marriott for a recent Delta stay. Did however receive 5X points for the charges to Marriott Visa which already knows Marriott owns Delta Hotels. By the way, am glad Marriott acquired Delta. Nice experience.

YogiB Platinum

I just did a quick search before starting a new topic and found this one.

I've been asking around for a while when the badge will be introduced. Nobody knows.

Reservation line reps: "I don't know."

Facebook team reps: "I don't know."

Customer Serv. reps: "I don't know." (last email dating this morning)

And they don't seem to want to go higher up with the question? I know it's not a very important issue, but for me it's a reflection of how CSRs just don't want to go that extra mile.

Hello J...

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today. Unfortunately we have no information at this time as to when the Delta Hotels will be added to the Badges Program. If you would like to keep updated on when this will occur you can always visit our website www.marriottrewards.com/badges .

Safe travels,

A. N.
    Marriott Customer Care

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...