9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2015 10:46 AM by billnelson RSS

MVC property @ Ford's Colony Williamsburg

mgcandfnc Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

amsHi -- my wife and have just returned from a couple of weeks on the East Coast. We are MVC owners and spent our first stay at the MVC property in Williamsburg.  We had looked at staying here in the past but had read some very negative reports (from memory on Trip Advisor) about the quality of the property (bugs, mildew, damp etc etc).  OH how stupid we were -- this is one of the most delightful MVC properties we have stayed in over the past 10-12 years. We were allocated a 2 floor apartment in the Patrick Henry Manor -- quiet, great view and in perfect condition.  Think may have be refurbished recently.

Bottom line -- reminds us to investigate ourselves and not rely on confused feedback.

Like many others have commented -- now planning our return trip -- next time for 2-3 weeks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony
  • Re: MVC property @ Ford's Colony Williamsburg
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Thank you for the info!  I am trying to talk spouse into a visit to that particular MVC but no luck so far.  Good to know it's in great shape. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

Thanks for sharing your experience, mgcandfnc. Glad you gave it a try and enjoyed your stay. We'll share this with the property as well!

There are a couple of threads here about Williamsburg and I hope you will post some pictures of your travels!

Katie -- no problem.  As I said we will be looking to come back for a 2-3 week stay (mix of work & play).  Have to decide the best time weather wise.  Looks like June or August-September are still reasonably warm but not quite as hot as when we were there early July.  What is the rainfall like August-September ?

All the best

Murray

KatieC Member

I'm not based in Williamsburg but it is on my list of places to visit on my next road trip to Florida (I'm in CT). I Googled it and it looks like the rain chances are higher than normal in August/September but you never know, right?

BTW -- one extra comment. Bit of a shame that the balconies don't have the ability to dine outside -- ie table & 4 chairs -- like most other properties.  Just something we like to do if it is not too hot/humid.

ndn Platinum

I just had a stay here (4 nights for price of 3 thanks to Citi Prestige)...  Going again in a month. It's a terrific place    

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

mgcandfnc,

Thanks for the sharing your experience about Ford's Colony.  I've walked around on the grounds of this property once out of curiosity but have never stayed here.  Will definitely keep this in mind the next time I plan to stay in the Williamsburg area.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Williamsburg is a great area. So much do see and do. History, golf, shopping, decent restaurants, and Virginia is a beautiful state. I personally go for the golf although its been several years since I have visited the area. Aside from the usual Kingsmill rhetoric, some of the best courses I have ever played are there. Golden Horseshoe Gold course is absolutely awesome. Royal New Kent is nearby and of course Ford's Colony itself is a nice course. Can anyone tell I like golf?

billnelson Platinum 2 Reviews

My family and I stayed at the MVC Williamsburg several years ago and had a great experience as well.  I seem to remember that there were two different "sections" to that property - one older and one newer (at least that is what I recall based on searching).  Whichever section we chose, however, was a great experience and my family and I enjoyed it immensely.  It was close to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and other places that we were looking to visit.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...