5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2015 10:56 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Dallas Marriott Advice

kass Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hey,

I'm hoping to get some advice that will keep me with Marriott for an upcoming trip to Dallas.  I am meeting downtown, but the downtown Marriott is above what my company will pay.  Any ideas for Marriott brands within walking distance of public transportation to downtown will be appreciated.

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dallas, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Dallas Marriott City Center
  • Re: Dallas Marriott Advice
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Not knowing what options are viable for the rate you need to stay within will make recommendations difficult.  Lots of good options in/around the city, can you post up any of your options?

Dont forget you can catch the DART from the airport, worst case those hotels are almost always inexpensive.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

The DART is pretty good.

kass Silver

It would be hard to give an amount because the discount that my company gets makes a simple search not so simple.  Is there a DART stop close to Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center?  Also, the Springhill Suites downtown looks like it might work.  Is this an ok property?  Thanks for your help.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Kass,

The Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center is a nice property, it is not terribly far from a DART station as the crow flies but it's across the interstate and likely a slight bit farther to walk.  Texas has access roads running along the interstates so you have 3-4 lanes to cross at a light, then walk under the interstate and cross another.  There's signals but definitely not just walking across the roadway kinda thing, so I'd say have a look at the map on the hotel site transportation link and see what you think.  The Renaissance property there at Market Center is on the same side as the station and is quite nice if you can get in there.  The Springhill downtown is like any other Springhill really, decent but not opulent.  The area isn't bad, though close proximity to some of the worst traffic in Dallas will make driving at rush hours problematic if you have a car.  Some good places not far via cab/bus/walking to eat though.  You can find all the DART maps at  DART.org - DART System Map

Hope that helps

702rugbyref Platinum

Good info..thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...