8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2015 5:48 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Bogus Email Regarding Marriott Security

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I've received a few emails that appear to be from Marriott, including the normal member inns (Marriott, Fairfield, Courtyard, etc.) logos at the bottom of the email, and they're notifying me of a pending security update to my account and are requesting my account information.

This appears to me to be bogus, as Marriott normally doesn't send out this kind of contact. I've sent notice to Marriott via website contact, so it will be interesting to see if I get a response, and if anyone else has received the same.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to update your privacy information on Marriott (including Insiders) site.

Fred

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bogus Email Regarding Marriott Security
    702rugbyref Platinum

It went to my junk email but I figure MR will advise me through their website. I did not open.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

You sure it is bogus?

New Account Security Enhancements

702rugbyref Platinum

I think the communitymanager said they are doing improvements.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi everyone!

We've had quite a few people asking about these emails. We confirmed with our team that they are legitimate, and are safe to open! Let me know if you have any more questions about them.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thanks, lindseyh, for getting to the bottom of this.  I received the e-mail fschumpert is posting about and the only thing that looked bogus was the "signature". 

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Thanks. I also sent email to Marriott office just to be sure and received similar report, so i proceeded w,ith info update as requested.

KatieC Member

In case anyone wants more information, here's a link to NathalieF's blog post about this topic: New Account Security Enhancements

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...