15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2015 10:55 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Napa Marriott

richiemac Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently completed a stay at the Napa Marriott and would not ever recommend this property to anyone. Thankfully, I used points for my stay.

Unfortunately, they charged a $20/day resort fee. Not sure exactly where that money goes, as the exercise equipment in the sub-standard workout room and the mold on the ceiling of the bathroom were not clear indicators of where the additional resort fees were going.

I am a frequent traveler and this property is an embarrassment and I'm certain to share this with my friends/colleagues. I went to the Westin to join the wedding party and thought I had died and gone to heaven compared to the Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Napa Marriott
    KatieC Member

Sorry to hear about your experience, richiemac. We'll certainly share your comments with the hotel team. Would you like someone to contact you directly so you can further discuss your stay? If so, send me a private message with your Rewards # and contact info.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

That stinks. Simple things like a clean room free of mold should be guaranteed.

On my trip to Napa my wife (SPG Gold) and I stayed at the Westin as well (on points) and what an awesome property. We were upgraded to a 1BR suite and it was fantastic. Spacious, quite possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, huge bathroom with spacious glass shower enclosure with double shower head. I know we are supposed to talk up Marriott properties as this is the MRI site, but the Westin really is a stellar property in Napa.

tishers Platinum

I would prefer that we speak the truth about the Marriott properties.

They cannot change anything if we remain silent and they remain ignorant of what professional travelers expect.

The employees do not stay in the hotels, we do.

702rugbyref Platinum

I am with you. Truth may hurt but also save an embarrassment or at minimum create an avenue so others are made aware.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Another article that supports the need for frequent travelers to air their reviews!!!!!!!!!

702rugbyref Platinum

Thanks for the heads up as I was looking at visiting in two weekends. Not anymore! If it is that bad, Marriott ought to be shamed! Which brings to question about quality control.

takingthehighroad Member

Whenever I visit Wine Country, I stay at the Renaissance Lodge at Sonoma.  Great property and usually receive an upgrade.   

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I stayed there in 2013 as well. I was upgraded to a cottage. It was nice. The room was plenty big and the A/C worked well. The bathroom had an enclosed shower which I like, however whoever drew up the floor plans for the bathrooms needs help. The shower was in my estimation a 4X4 foot square. I had to take care not to hit my elbows into the walls when shampooing my hair. Other than that, the property was very nice and I would stay again.

702rugbyref Platinum

I like large showers so this is helpful...sort of like Hong Kong where only 2/3 of my body can get washed at a time because the shower is build for little people!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

good to know on Ren

FTBoomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Sad to hear.  I was there last year when the Napa earthquake hit.  We were evacuated at 4am to the Courtyard in the next valley over.  I would have hoped that they would have taken the opportunity to do some upgrades following the quake (which BTW, was terrifying)

702rugbyref Platinum

ro ro...shake and rattle will raise the hair on the back of your neck for sure!

vintage Platinum

I have to agree about this hotel being sub par.  I have stayed a few times both pre and post earthquake.  My last visit was terrible and when I confronted the hotel staff they were less than helpful.  Even after asking to speak with the manager I was told he would get back to me and never did.  I left a review of 1 star for this hotel and will not be back. Please don't waste your points on this hotel.

On the flip side the Renaissance Lodge at Sonoma is fantastic and I would recommend to anyone.  If you are looking to save some points and don't mind driving a bit further the SpringHill Suites in Napa is extremely accommodating, clean, and very friendly.  I would stay at either of these long before returning to the Marriott.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Good to know. I am thinking of a return trip to Napa in the next year or so and was thinking of using points. The Renaissance in Sonoma is nice, I had a cottage and it was pleasant. I was looking to maybe try the Napa FS Marriott but after reading this it makes me not want to. I am not a fan of the SHS brand but if it means a decent room and better service I will use it. I stayed at the FFI for one night with a Chase cert in 2013 and while certainly nothing special, it fit the bill. Not far from the wineries, breakfast included, and room was decent. All in all not a bad property.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have stayed in the Napa SHS and support your comment. There are several wineries nearby as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...