3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2015 9:43 AM by FancyEventPlanner RSS

New to Rewarding Events

FancyEventPlanner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I coordinate corporate events and fly in 40 guests to Southern California about 3 times per month. I recently made the move to Marriott hotels and I am fairly new to the rewards.  ( I was loyal to Hyatt properties for 15 years).  I have a few questions:

1-The company I work for pays for our guests lodging.  I receive a cap of 50,000 per event.  Is the 50,000 negotiable?  We typically spend about $25,000.00 per stay, which would equal to 75,000 points.

2- I receive rewards points through Rewarding Events, do my guests also receive points for their stay? Can I receive points for my stay in addition to the Rewarding Points?

3- Depending on my experience with Marriott I might renew the contract for next year.  Any tips on negotiating the contract?  Perks I might be able to negotiate etc..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New to Rewarding Events
    702rugbyref Platinum

WOW... I can't wait to a MR moderator answers these questions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi FancyEventPlanner, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! I'm very excited to have you join us, and am glad to see you jumping right in with this post. In addition to posting questions on threads, such as the one you have done here, please don't hesitate to reach out to joshm or myself with any questions or concerns you have. We make up the moderation team on this forum and are always happy to help.

In regards to your questions, I'm going to pass these on to a member of our greater team to look into. If you send me a private message with your contact information, I can have them contact you directly to discuss.

Thanks for posting!

FancyEventPlanner Platinum

I was informed that my guests don't get reward points because we pay for their stay.  Like I mentioned before, I receive a cap of 50,000 points.  We spend $25,000.00 per stay, let's calculate 25000 x's 10= 250,000 points, of which I ONLY get a cut of 100,000 which I split with a colleague.  Where do the remainder 150,000 go?  If this is the case, I will not be returning to the Marriott next year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...