24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2016 11:05 PM by dansplan RSS

Lifetime status shows zero points

muuurph Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I checked my status today to see if I've made gold yet.  It shows me with 586 nights stayed but 0 points.  Is this happening to anyone else?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime status shows zero points
    joshm Member

Hello, muuurph, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders!

You've come to the right place to share this, and I'm happy to help! My name is Josh (joshm), and I am part of the community moderator team for the forum. Go ahead and send me your Rewards number in a direct message. From there, I can engage our team and investigate what you are experiencing.

Additionally, and as you have probably seen, the Insiders site is a wonderful network of folks that are always sharing experiences, insights and recommendations, collections of travel photos, and news about Marriott and beyond! Please, explore the page and see what this place has to offer for yourself.   Feel free to reach out to lindseyh as well with any questions or concerns. We're here to help the community!

I'll follow up with more details on your account, and again, welcome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

muuurph Platinum

They are showing correctly now.  I'll let you know if anything else looks wrong.

joshm Member

Awesome. Sounds good. Thank you!

bdubs Platinum

I just encountered the same problem.  Nights balance is correct, but points seems to have vanished.

karineb Platinum

I have just encountered the same issue Josh. My lifetime nights balance is correct but for the past week, the lifetime points have been showing a balance of zero. They were working fine until about a week ago. Is there an issue?

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thank you for reaching out. We are working to resolve these technical difficulties. Please keep an eye on the thread below for updates to come.

Lifetime points showing 0

denigrisworld@yahoo.com Platinum

My lifetime nights is 719 and now my account points is zero.  Last week I had over 6 million points.  What is going on?

Please correct the error.  Thanks

Platinum

I am working on trying to take anything mentioned about this issue seriously. So far, it's hard to stop laughing.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

I assume by your post you think this is a non-issue. I will say it again, while I am not that concerned about the actual points missing, the fact that it also erased your current lifetime status is concerning to me. Besides the card that was sent years ago (and discarded I think), there is no where else to go on the system to confirm that you are Lifetime Platinum and that that this is confirmed by Marriott. Let's say they did lose the data, that would mean I would somehow have to go back and prove that I already made the Lifetime Platinum status. Yes, I would hope that if I called, Marriott Customer Service would be able to look up and see that somewhere and confirm that I am Lifetime Platinum but the fact that the information has now been missing from the system for ... a month? is concerning to many of us.

Platinum

Quite the opposite - I'm in agreement with you about this issue being an issue, but it's actually a symptom of systemic issues with most of Marriot's IT processes, including many that are not specific to their website (how the properties post points, rollout of policies, general lack of automation. The list goes on, but for now this "wart" of the LT points being MIA for nearly a month is something we're all baffled by, and Marriott's lack of "customer care" or even a real response other than to "assure us it's being addressed" is rather pathetic IMHO (now there's an old term for ya).

badstep Platinum

Josh,

I'm having the same issue where my point total is zero.

gasguy Platinum

JoshM I'm showing 0 lifetime points as well. I'm very close to achieving lifetime platinum so I have been keeping an eye on it. Anything you could do would be appreciated. 

incredipete Platinum

Mine also says 598 nights and zero points. But interestingly, the current year "paid" and "redeemed" nights are also showing zero, which is not correct either. I had a poopload of points, not sure where they went.

acritic Platinum

Please add my lifetime points to my account as it shows 0 right now.

Platinum

I suggest you follow the post in the link below. There are so many popping up with the same issue and it's really not being addressed proactively.

Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

plarue Platinum

Thank you JoshM for adjusting my Lifetime points!  They are showing up now!  -PLaRue

homoviator Platinum

mine too. scary!! worked too hard to show 0. feels depressing today.

mav Platinum

Mine too still showing 0. VERY weird after all this time...

homoviator Platinum

from the looks of this, it might be something of an annual thing.  This first post was from nearly one year ago. not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

allleisure Platinum

Are we going to need to individually ask to have our lifetime point count restored or should we just patiently wait and trust the cyber gods will eventually make the necessary corrections. I, too, am very close to Lifetime Platinum and am concerned.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

This really has gone on long enough now.  I am very, very suspicious as to what is going on!

Platinum

Tommo781 please weigh in on my post below - it's up to over 1000 views, with 3 CMs having responded, and zero real communication regarding

1. What's happening

2. What's a projected *Estimated Time to Complete the fix

3. Anything else that would shed *some* light on the problem

*Note: Estimates can be broad, but "soon" is not an estimate. Wouldn't you agree?

---> Post is here ---->  Lifetime points missing and other IT woes unofficial tracker

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Hmmm still showing zero and not showing that I have already achieved Lifetime Platinum status. Seems like it would have been fixed by now and still now official message that it is an IT problem and being worked on? What is taking so long? At least show that I am already Lifetime Platinum.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...