1 2 3 9 Previous Next 128 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2016 12:28 PM by monisame RSS

What's Behind Your Insider User Name?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Tell us what is behind your User name here on Insiders?  Some are their names, others are first initial and last name while others are something that is part of their pas so what's your story?

My user name is taken from the fact that I worked at Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) for 30 plus years and fly small airplanes (flyr) as well as all commercial airline flights we fly on are into and out of IAH. 

Next?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

OK, IAHFLYR I'll go next.  Mine is pretty simple; my initials are at the end and the word inside in front of them; implying one can get inside my head and my ideas based on my posts; a scary thought to some I'm sure

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

First and middle initials and last name. Been using it as user IDs and email addresses for 25 years now.

• 3. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?

LOL, no more scary than for someone to be inside my head at any time.

• 4. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

My initials with the number "1" tacked on.

• 5. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

At my first full time job one of my co-workers gave me the nick name "Boy Wonder" since I was good at getting things done quickly.  Also in the 90's I became a fan of Chris O'Donnell's portrayal of Robin who was known to be the Boy Wonder in the Batman movies and series.  So I adopted the screen name "vaboywnder" with va meaning Virginia.

robin.jpg

• 6. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I had our cat tap randomly at the keyboard and this came out.

• 7. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

painedplatinum

Best response yet!  Love it!

Computer-Cat.jpg

• 8. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I don't have a cat so had to come up with my own random name.

• 9. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    702rugbyref Platinum

Great topic...702 is the area code for Vegas and I am a rugby referee...thus 702rugbyref

• 10. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?

Love the replies, but have to say painedplatinum your cat by far the BEST!! LOL

All good none the less.

• 11. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Early in our marriage, we were introduced at a party to a young lady who was, um, three sheets to the wind, and she mis-heard our name. She sort of wrinkled her face, and asked, "What kind of name is Foxglove?!" I answered, "Swedish," and she nodded and stumbled off. And it pretty much stuck thereafter with any of our friends who were in earshot. (And in those days and in that crowd, a little anonymity wasn't a bad idea.)

• 12. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?

LOL....you should have offered her a Swedish Meatball and told her it was a jello shot!!

• 13. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?
    702rugbyref Platinum

Or maybe a Swedish massage!

• 14. Re: What's Behind Your Insider User Name?

Sounds like that crowd the massage might have gone in the wrong direction.

1 2 3 9 Previous Next