12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2015 8:57 AM by ithai RSS

Platinum Challenge for consecutive nights?

user2015 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi!

Starting in September, I am planning to stay at a Marriott hotel for approximately two to three months for work and was wondering if there is a Platinum status challenge available in which I can sign up? Currently, I am only a Silver elite member. If I stay for +60 consecutive nights in the same hotel, do I qualify for the Platinum status challenge?

Thank you for your help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Challenge for consecutive nights?
    702rugbyref Platinum

Good question...I doubt it however.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Unfortunately the short answer is no.

Challenges are only offered to increase one level (silver to gold, gold to platinum) so as a Silver Elite member you could only request a Gold challenge. Such a challenge usually requires 6 separate stays over 3 months. If you wish to go into your September stay as Gold, call the customer service line now and try to get signed up. It might be worth making 6 stays over the summer so that you can begin earning the Gold benefits during your stay starting in September. If you don't achieve the 6 stays, you'll hit gold after 50 nights (something that looks sure to happen later in the year).

Since you'll be staying 60+ nights, there is a good chance you'll earn Platinum the regular way (75 or more nights in a calendar year).

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

From my understanding you can only go up to the next level (which would be gold) in any challenge. But with 60 nights before the end of this calendar year you would qualify for gold and then be able to take a platinum challenge in 2016 (if it is offered)

ramoneur Platinum

maybe they should/can make exception when you pay for those 60 nights in advance?

I mean, if you would be platinum after those stays, then why not some flexibility from marketing side if you are staying 1/6th of a year anyway?

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great question, user2015. I'm looking into clarification around this and will let you know.

user2015 Silver

Thank you for all your replies, I appreciate it!  I have already contacted Marriott Rewards department yesterday and have been provided with a similar fast track offer for Platinum Status.

Oh, great! Let me know if you ever need with questions like this in the future.

ithai Member

Hi Lindseh,

I join the Marriott rewards in Aug 2015,  I email to official support but no reply. Is there anyone could assist me with Platinum Challenge sign up. Thanks

Hi ithai! I'd be happy to help you with this. Just send me a private message with your Rewards number and contact info and I can pass that info on to the appropriate people. Thanks!

ithai Member

Hi Lindseyh  I send you a private message few time  but been block. What is your advise. Thanks

Jsucool76 Gold

can't OP have the hotel post some of the nights once they hit gold to start receiving gold benefits before stay is over?

ndn Platinum

I had no status at the start of this year. I knew I was going to stay a lot (currently at 61 nights already). I wanted Platinum immediately (also for United Silver before I "earned" it). So I got the Ritz-Carlton credit card, which gave me immediate Gold status with Marriott and Ritz. I then immediately signed up for the Platinum challenge, since it was only an increase of one status level. I then had several stays where I broke up the nights into separate stays. I stayed in 9 separate stays, but many of the stays were consecutive nights in different hotels. In other words, I did some hotel hopping--every night in a different hotel. As soon as I got Platinum, I was good to go with the longer stays.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...