3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2015 3:53 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

Platinum challenge, what if I don't finish?

kevrhof Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I'm currently gold but will not be able to fulfill my gold this year.  When I called, they put me in the platinum challenge of 9 stays in 3 months.  My question is, what if I only get 6 stays in 3 months, or 7, will I then just have my gold renewed for the next year? The rep kinda alluded that it would but didn't seem like they wanted to say just that

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum challenge, what if I don't finish?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

If you fail to complete the challenge, you will remain Gold until the Feb 2016. If you don't hit 50 nights by end of December this year, you will drop to Silver when status is updated in February. Missing the Platinum challenge should have no effect on whether you retain Gold status next year. If you do succeed in making the challenge, you get to keep your Platinum status until Feb 2017 regardless of how many nights you end up with this year. If you are close to completing it, I would try to get the last couple stays.

Remember that if you don't hit 50 nights and drop to Silver, you'll have the opportunity to "buy back" your Gold status. It will cost 25k points, but in my opinion keeping the benefits of Gold is well worth it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joshm Member

Hi there kevrhof and welcome to the Insiders Forum!

You've come to the perfect place to post what you have here and, like expected, one of our wonderful community veterans has jumped in to provide clarity (always so helpful bejacob!)

Like this exchange, the Insiders site is an awesome resource for fellow travelers to share in experience, recommendation and insight, as well as photography. This group knows their stuff, and they're constantly supporting one another as you and the rest of the community are traveling the globe.

Regarding your topic and any future concern or question you've got, please don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm) or lindseyh. We make up the moderation team for the forum and are happy to provide support.

Thanks for posting, and again, welcome to the Insiders network.

Jsucool76 Gold

If you think you won't keep gold status, and have decent credit, try shooting for the ritz carlton credit card.

Buying 25k points (though I highly suggest against it) would cost $312.50, the ritz card is $395 and grants automatic gold status (the first year, and each year thereafter with 10k spend), along with a LOT of other benefits. Something to think about.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...