9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2015 9:27 AM by ks77 RSS

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile - Not so Magnificent

ontherun Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This is just my opinion. Just stayed at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile and it is not like other Marriott.  Corporate rate was $100 less then other full service Marriott's in the area so I decided to stay there.  Have not stayed there in several years.  Other then the room view there was not much positive from the hotel.  Most of the staff was helpful but the new room had a desk like you get in a hospital and no desk car.  Had to sit on on one of the benches in the room. Let me tell you thought after I left and needed to deal with the hotel the stay was on the bad side.  Can trying to send me to corporate when I needed something from the hotel and hung up on me once while I had been on hold for 10 minutes waiting to speak to the GM.  Which never happened, they put me through to executive offices and corrected the problem but I am sure all my concerns made both the night before and to her where never heard by the GM of the hotel.  The lounge was one of the nicest is size and worst in amenities. Had lots of staff in there standing around doing nothing, so you had to ask for help nobody bother to offer.  No soft drinks or other beverages available by self-service had to go to bar for everything.  Just cheap to me. No easy way to bring a couple of sodas to the room while working or to have with your meal.  Breakfast was the bare minimum, and laid out very poorly. I know even after all the offers from management to assist in next stay that I will not likely stay there again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, IL, USA
marriott
  • Re: Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile - Not so Magnificent
    joshm Member

This is unfortunate to read, ontherun. Sorry to hear of your experience being anything less than stellar!

Was your conversation with management fruitful?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ontherun Platinum

I would say it was not.  Also not been contacted from the hotel since my last conversation with the executive assistant to the GM or since my post.  Guess they do not really care.

KatieC Member

We can follow up on that for you ontherun. If you'd like please send me a private message with your Rewards #, dates of your stay and best way to reach you.

ontherun Platinum

Sent you a private message with no response.  Another Marriott Associate who pretends to care.

joshm Member

Go ahead and send that direct message to me, ontherun. KatieC is out and I am happy to help!

ontherun Platinum

Well everyone it has been over a week since two different associates offered to help.  Not even a email from the hotel.  This Hotel Mgmt really does not care.  Marriott should really review who they have running this place.  I know I have another two trips planned to Chicago and the hotel will not get my business.  Rather stay at a Courtryard then this place.

joshm Member

Hi ontherun,

In getting your information and situation to our team, they worked directly with the hotel and made the request that you be contacted directly.

This clearly doesn't seem to be the case, as you have yet to hear anything from the hotel. I'm going to reach back out to our team and reiterate the request.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Try the JW on Adams next time if you don't mind being in the Loop/Financial district.  It's got a wonderful CL, great service, beautiful rooms, a pool, and a great on-site restaurant.  It can be more expensive, but JWs usually are, and it's worth it. 

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Try the Renaissance on Wacker, everyone here on MRI has great stays there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...