12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2015 12:12 PM by misterchk RSS

Marriott Marquis San Francisco - no more room service?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just booked at room at the Marriott Marquis San Francisco, and there is a banner on the website that says the hotel is no longer offering "traditional room service" and that guests should look at the Dining page for more details.  The Dining page just lists the restaurants on site.  What is going on here? I thought the "Marquis" hotels were supposed to be the ones with the extra great service, etc.  As a solo business traveler, I'm not keen on trekking down to the restaurant to get a bite.  I'd much prefer room service!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Francisco, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts San Francisco Marriott Marquis
  • Re: Marriott Marquis San Francisco - no more room service?
    ndn Platinum

Interesting...I would highly recommend the San Francisco Marriott Union Square property for room service. The food was actually cooked VERY well--far better than I have had at the JW, the Marquis, or even the Ritz.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Would you believe that the Marriott Union Square is $899/night for the time I need to be there (mid-October)?  The Marquis is $369 or something like that so I decided that's a better fit for my budget!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great recommendation, @ndn. @Clebert. I'll reach out to our team to see if they can provide any insight to your room service question.

702rugbyref Platinum

I wonder if this is also the case for the Marquis in San Diego? Maybe a trend.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Here's what I learned, clebert! The list of on-site restaurants that you refer to are all restaurants that will deliver to your room. The hotel conceirge can provide you with a full list of restaurants that can deliver to your room as well.

I can go back and check to confirm that this is the case for the Marquis in Sand Diego as well.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Surprised no one mentioned the JW (also one of the Union Square Marriotts)

Stayed there a few times this year.  Clearly the  best choice in that part of the city.

ndn Platinum

misterchk, I mentioned the JW. It is my second choice in SF, behind the RC.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Forgive me - I must stop the margaritas this early on a Sunday morning.

BTW - (LOL) Not aware of any Marriott property (not branded as RC) that can hold a candle to  a Ritz.  They are usually a great experience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...