27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2015 8:53 AM by iahflyr RSS

Is this survey I received via email legit?

ivanchu02 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is this survey legit?  They spelled opinions wrong.  E-mail came from noreply@qemailserver.com and the reply to is mkward@smu.edu

Thank you so much for being part of the Marriott family of brands. We are passionate about providing you with the best possible experience, and your opinons are invaluable to us.

We would love to get your feedback about the products you purchase for your home. Please click "Take the Survey" below.

After the survey is completed, you will be awarded 1,000 Marriott Rewards Points.
Please have your rewards number on hand we can credit your account.

From all of us at Marriott, thank you for your time!

Do not reply directly to this email. Please direct any inquiries to YourSurveyAssistant@gmail.com. Marriott has partnered with McMillan Doolittle LLP, an independent research firm, to administer this survey. Please be assured that your responses will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used to improve Marriott's products and services. Your personal information will never be sold or traded to any direct-mail companies. The information you provide will not be shared with any other company.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is this survey I received via email legit?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I got one too. It does appear to be legit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

It would appear that Morgan K. Ward, PhD is a professor in the Cox School of Business at SMU. Her research runs toward consumer choices, spending, and preference, so I'd say yes, it's legit.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have not received it so I cannot comment

sunsoaker Platinum 3 Reviews

Never got it

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

NathalieF, can you confirm validity of this survey request? 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

77paris thanks for the tag and ivanchu02 I appreciate you asking and giving us this info. This is not a legitimate survey from Marriott. I've forwarded it so that it can be reported. Please delete this if you receive it.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

NathalieF Maybe someone from the greater team should get in touch with Dr. Ward at SMU and let her know (or let her respond). She is legit -- or at least her email address is.

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

Do I need to worry about my account as I filled it out?

aqua Platinum

OH no .... I responded to it also. Community manager, what do I need to do at this time to prevent any acct. hacking (besides stop answering phony surveys - can't believe I did that ! idiot )

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thought the Survey was legit and just received 1,000 points in my account.  If the Survey was indeed not legit and the purveyors can actually award points they can also take away points.  Can we get more clarification here?  As always, appreciate your help.

worldwidetraveller Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks, ivanchu02.  Great catch!

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Let me know too.  I filled it out and they asked for the reward number.  Thought it was legit....

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

If you replied to this survery and gave personal information (ie, your Rewards number), we recommend you change your password as soon as possible.

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

Looks like this survey was legit as my 1,000 points posted on my account today. For those who filled it out check your accounts.

702rugbyref Platinum

I never received it.

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

NathalieF & to all that were concerned or curious about this email - I did,  uncharacteristically, reply & completed the survey.  Perhaps, it was legitimate?  I had concerns but I was credited with 1000 points today for a "Retail Survey".

bubbie, I see you received.  Anyone else?

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

This is concerning to me, although I did not get or respond to any survey.  If several of you were credited with 1000 points for filling out the survey, then it obviously had to have been done with the cooperation of Marriott Rewards.  Professor Ward can't award Marriott Rewards points on her own.

So then how does NathalieF check into it and report back that the survey is not legitimate?

Is this a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing?

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

I just checked and got 1,000 points for completing the Retail Survey.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

So if it was legit how did our NathalieF get information from the "Greater Team" that it was a hoax when in fact folks got their 1,000 points? HMMMMM

Platinum 28 Reviews

The survey's legitimacy could be confirmed by their decision to exclude "fools" like me!  If it was fake I would have received it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...