2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2015 5:53 PM by lindseyh RSS

Travel Industry

jessee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a near lifetime platinum member, I've just learned today that using a travel industry rate will result in getting a no night credit and no points on my account for the stay.  I did book, stay, and spend money at the Marriott properties, but because of the "rate", I will not receive the night credit or points accumulated during the stay.  This is crazy.  My choice and money to stay were welcome but no rewards from Marriott. Maybe time to cut my long ties with Marriot!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Industry
    tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

I guess I can understand the frustration, but I can't understand your proposed solution.  If you are close to Lifetime Platinum, why don't you just continue to accumulate stays, using regular rates, or credit card bonuses, etc. and get to Lifetime Platinum, which will benefit you down the road even if you use travel industry rates thereafter?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Industry
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for taking the time to share this, @jessee. The TVL rate has definitely been a hot topic around here recently. Here's a link to one of of our more recent threads. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Re: Not credited for a stay booked under TVL code

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...