15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2015 5:29 AM by Far East Man RSS

VIP perks are coming

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I received an email from Marriott Rewards for "top-tier travelers"

Expect to see:

• Destination-specific recommendations designed to save time.
  • Recognition and unique rewards at every turn.
  • Exclusive upgrades and points bonuses for members like you.

Wondering if anyone else received and what it may be about.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: VIP perks are coming
    rlswider Platinum 7 Reviews

I received same email no idea what i entails will have to wait i guess

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mdphillips69 Platinum 9 Reviews

I also received the same email.  I suspect it's just a junk mail since they know I have upcoming reservations.  Based on the lack of promotions since May, I doubt it's truly anything extra special.

ndn Platinum

It's junk. I didn't get one--I suspect because I am a RCR member, not MR, but I think it's junk. Probably it will mean some sort of targeted promotions for you. I have heard of Silver members being "top tier"    

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I haven't received the e-mail yet

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I might have received this, sure I received something similar, seems like a load of sales puffery to me...

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

If sales puffery is anything like jiggery pokery, our Supreme Court justice may borrow the phrase.

702rugbyref Platinum

I did not receive one.

jessee Platinum

I Received one as well. Just more Marriott news with no real substance! As a platinum member, I get nearly zero for my time and money. I am moving on!

joshm Member

Thanks for sharing this with the community, Far East Man. An interesting topic.

Was there any sort of indication regarding a time frame in the email you received?

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

No time frame provided in my email.  Interesting will be determined when and if any details are released!

markzz2 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have spent years aspiring to be Platinum, and then Lifetime Platinum with all that promised. Since being Lifetime Platinum I have been underwhelmed by the "special treatment" with no upgrades and virtually no recognition (except the phoney "thank you for being platinum member" talk at check in). So I will not be holding my breath over this promise

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I got mine.

and we love being part of your plans. As a top-tier traveler, you're kind of a big deal to us, so we want your experiences with Marriott® – even online – to be truly exceptional. In the coming year, expect to see:
    Destination-specific recommendations designed to save you time
    Recognition and unique rewards at every turn
    Exclusive upgrades and points bonuses for members like you
    With all you've seen, you have every right to expect the world from us – and we can't wait to serve it up. See you soon!

What does "coming year" mean anyway, 2016?

702rugbyref Platinum

Hmmm...insert jealousy here.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

IAHFLYR, In the small print on my email, it explained "coming year" as 2015-2016 for all members except those residing in Texas.....Texans will be brought along in 2022.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

painedplatinum,

Ahhhh, see there is my problem, I had my shoes on and couldn't count that far......or maybe really was not Texas but Arkansas that had the date listed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...