10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2015 9:17 AM by joshm RSS

Where can I find Coke products in CL?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A recent trip to Atlanta involved the following exchange between me and the clerk at the gift shop at a Marriott:

Me:  Looks like you only have Pepsi products?

Clerk:  That's what we have here in the case...

Me:  I can't believe that I am in Atlanta and you don't have Coke products!  Isn't that some sort of heresy?  Atlanta = Coke, right?

Clerk:  Oh, I can get you Coke products.

Me:  Can you get me a dietCoke?  I will pay anything!!!

Clerk:  Yes, they are in the back.

Clerk returns with a cold dietCoke for me and charges me the same cost as the Pepsi products.

What is going on here?  Was this a contraband dietCoke?

I have heard a rumor that some of the CLs actually serve Coke?  Is this true?  Which ones.

I go to a week-long conference at the Marriott World Center in Orlando, and I am usually one of the few people who has a car.  So I stop at the Publix and stock up on Coke products to bring back to the resort.  Every year, people I don't even know come up to me and say in a hushed voice that they heard I might have a dietCoke they could buy.  It's a cottage industry!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Atlanta Airport Marriott
  • Re: Where can I find Coke products in CL?
    702rugbyref Platinum

I support Pepsi products.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

The Henry (an Autograph property) in Dearborn, Michigan has Coke in the CL. It was enough of a rarity at Marriott CLs that I noticed it.

If I recall correctly, some products from both Coke and Pepsi were available, though not a wide variety.

702rugbyref Platinum

I think my recent stay in Denver West had Pepsi products but also Dr. Pepper...not sure if that is Coke product or not. I also think they had Sprite.

joshm Member

Coke vs. Pepsi, the classic fizzy beverage debate.

Good post, clebert. I've never really thought about these offerings at properties. I try to stay away from soda, but it's darn near impossible. Having said that, I typically lean Pepsi, but enjoy a cold Coca-Cola from time to time.

Jsucool76 Gold

I find most properties have coke IF YOU ASK for it.

Marriott has some type of deal with pepsi, but a lot of hotels carry coke and just cant display it proudly.

During my stay at the ritz PG city, the club attendant came up to us and almost in a whisper said "I have coca cola products in the back, if you want any let me know"

It felt like we were breaking the law.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Haha!  This explains the back room stash of dietCoke in Atlanta.  Now I will not be afraid to ask. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...