5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2015 1:40 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Inconsistancies in amenities or 'benifits' at same branded Marriott hotels?

flynhokie Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In my travels this year and last, I've started to notice a pretty significant inconsistency in the amenities offered by same branded hotels in the Marriott chains. Why is this happening, and is there any attempt by Marriott to pull things back to a 'constant' for each hotel.

For instance - Residence Inns at multiple locations have been very inconsistent in their offerings for dinner.  I have seen them offered M-W, M-F, S-Th.  I would think meal availability would be consistent across all Residence Inns.  You should get them on business nights period.  Sunday - Thursday they should be offered - or if not, the days offered should be consistent so your travel plans can be made to accommodate.  (i.e. get some food on the way in from the airport rather than having to go back out after you check in...).  Additionally, the quality of food varies drastically amongst the same branded hotels.  I would expect the food quality to be consistent amongst each brand - understanding that food types will rotate, however quality does not have to.  Also - whether beer/wine is served or not should be stated on the websites.  Understand local laws can be issues here, but understanding what you get at the hotel and being consistent throughout same brands would be nice.

I have also noticed inconsistencies in the 'platinum arrival gift' amongst same branded hotels.  Some have been real nice (wine and cheese), while others have been lackluster (i.e. a sandwich bag of candy and a bottle of water). 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Inconsistancies in amenities or 'benifits' at same branded Marriott hotels?
    Jsucool76 Gold

Most of my RI stays have been on weekends, so I've never been there for the evening offerings, but inconsistency seems to be the only thing consistent across marriott brands.

Also, they gave you a sandwich bag of candy? Is that like two bags of candy...with another bag of candy in between?

#Commas =]

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Inconsistancies in amenities or 'benifits' at same branded Marriott hotels?
    livelovetravel Member

Flynhokie, you read my mind!  I just returned from Boston and stayed at a Residence Inn.  It was more a motel than hotel.  Very disappointing.  I've always considered Marriott brands to be upscale and consistent across the board with amenities, etc.  However, I have been having issues lately too.  The staff at the front desk in Boston were very pompous and unaccommodating.  I, too, get maybe a bottle of water and that's it.  Why offer a rewards program when there are no rewards?  My next two stays are at Wyndham resorts and Hyatt which I look forward to.  What other brands are you trying out?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...