2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2015 11:52 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris / Rome Family Dining experiences?

nyishome2 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are traveling to Paris and Rome next week with our 2 teenagers, 14 boy and 17 girl. Any recommendations on a dinner experience for them that may represent the local city or sites.  I was hoping for something that was either scenic or maybe a kitchen dining.  This will be their first trip there.  In Paris, we are staying at the Renaisance Le Parc Trocedero and in Rome, near the Parthenon.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
  • Re: Paris / Rome Family Dining experiences?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

What a great trip you have planned, nyishome2! Paris and Rome are both amazing cities. I'm sure your kids will love it. It's been a while since I've been to either of these cities, so I can't remember where the good dining spots are. I'm interested to hear what other insiders have to share!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Paris / Rome Family Dining experiences?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

nyishome2,

Although we do not know each other, I want to congratulate you on some wonderful choices of cities to visit with your family!  Let me share with you a few of my experiences and recommendations for your family:

Rome,

The Pantheon area is both historic and congested.  There are some wonderful places to shop for great goods at reasonable prices, one is:IMG_3495.JPG

Lon, owner of Vera Pelle, just in front of the Pantheon.  A wonderful place to shop for Italian leather goods, and priced right.  Speaks great English, and nice guy!

Dining:

If there was one place to take your family for a nice dinner, wonderful Piano, and a view of The Vatican is:

IMG_3484.JPG

Mirabelle, this is one beautiful and not overly expensive place to dine.  Located a block away from The Marriot Grand Flora, this is a captivating place, you will not forget.  If you need help, stop by the Grand Flora, introduce yourself, the staff is fantastic and helpful.  The place is upstairs in this hotel:

IMG_3486.JPG

Enjoy!  but do NOT be hustled by street vendors who try to get you to dine in their place!

Paris:

If I was going to "The Chair", there is one place in the World I would make a "Last meal", It is The La Tour d'Argent in Paris.  Wonderful food, fantastic view of Notre Dame and The Seine.  No one will ever forget dining here.  Yes, it expensive, just limit appetizers, fine wines, and multiple desserts, you will be fine with the Paris pricing.  Its will be a "History lesson" for your teen's!

IMG_2320.jpg

View from our table!  Love this place.  No matter where you decide to dine in both of these wonderful cities, you will find great food.  Have a fantastic trip!

Location Brand Hotel
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
    Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...