6 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2016 2:55 AM by ramoneur RSS

paying bill for somebody else = points + nights on own account?

ramoneur Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am wondering: if I pay for the bill of a colleague (which I did 2 days ago), will the points and/or nights be posted on my account (which they know)?

Will these nights/points be listed separately?

Are there any rules and or "best practices" (either written or unwritten) regarding this?

context: business travel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: paying bill for somebody else = points + nights on own account?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

You can get points for up to 3 rooms. They don't have to be booked in your name, but you do have to stay in one of them and your Marriott Rewards number needs to be attached to the booking. So, if that's all done then , yes!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ramoneur Platinum

thanks Bob,

...but the nights don't post?

So, credits connected to payer, but for nights only to person of the account?

(because I think in my case the points were posted, but the nights not).

furthermore, will they be posted as a separate "line", or in combination with my stay?

(I cannot see which part of the points are of my room, and which part is of his stay)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

IF your Marriott Rewards number is attached to the booking then you'll get the night credit for each night you stay, note not per room, 3 rooms for 1 night get 1 night credit,3 rooms for 3 nights get 3 nights credit. You'll also get the points on the rate for all 3 rooms.

Finally, the rate does have to be qualifying, and that excludes some codes. Since you don't know the rate used to book you can't be sure you'll receive either nights credit or points till they turn up... Or not!

ramoneur Platinum

I paid for my colleague last visit;

how can I check now if the points are correct?

joshm Member

So helpful, brightlybob!

Giving the customer service team a call about this is always a good idea too, ramoneur.

If you need any help with any of this as well, don't hesitate to reach out. I'd be happy to assist.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...