10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2015 1:12 PM by randomname RSS

Nashville Tennessee

harleywyld Member
Currently Being Moderated

Any suggestions on where to stay and go?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Grand ole opry
  • Re: Nashville Tennessee
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

We usually stay at the Renaissance if we're attending any entertainment events.  It's downtown.

As for things to do, it would depend on your preferences.  Perhaps first go to TripAdvisor and look at what is available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

We usually stay at the Renaissance if we're attending any entertainment events.  It's downtown.

As for things to do, it would depend on your preferences.  Perhaps first go to TripAdvisor and look at what is available.

harleywyld Member

How do I go about maybe getting my stay moved from the airport to the downtown location?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I agree that the Renaissance is a great hotel choice in Nashville. Depending on your interests and who is going, the Gaylord Opryland might also be an option. As with all Gaylord properties, the hotel is a destination unto itself.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

harleywyld,

Would recommend a tour of Ryman Auditorium.  Two eating recommendations:

The Pancake Pantry

and

Welcome to Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant - Franklin - Nashville

joshm Member

Awesome post, harleywyld, and welcome to Insiders!

Already, a number of the folks in the community have shared their experiences in order for you to make an informed decision, and this is what Insiders is all about!

Additionally, I've found some threads that may have information you'll find useful:

Re: Nashville trip

Re: Nashville- where to stay and where to go!

This forum is a great resource for you, and we encourage you to explore the various pages! If you need any help with the site or Rewards, feel free to reach out to me (joshm) or lindseyh. We make up the moderation team for the forum!

jgooge Member

HI!!!

Nashville is our favorite place to go!! We usually go a couple of times a month when possible. We have stayed at just about every hotel in the downtown area. Honestly, you can't go wrong no matter where you stay. Some are closer and will make that walk back after a night out to your room a LOT better!!! Lol

The closest ones to Broadway.. That I can think of are- Hilton.. Omni and on the other side of Broadway... Renaissance,  Marriott... and a good bit of the time they will have the best rate. Yay! Double Tree and A Loft. Holiday Inn will almost always have the cheapest rates. However, it's several blocks (mostly up hill) away from downtown. It's totally doable but if walking any distance is a problem,.. I would choose one of the others that are just a couple of blocks off Broadway. Union Station is across the street from Holiday Inn, it's pricey but a unique experience with a lot of history...so if you ever get the chance to stay there it's worth it... at least for one night.

Our favorite restaurants are...  Merchants, Pucketts, Demos, Whiskey Kitchen, Southern Steak & Oyster, Pharmacy burger, Kayne Prime and of course... The Pancake Pantry!!!

As far as where to go, we always pull up all events for the month and then plan a trip around things we like to do... Concerts, festival, ball games etc ... If there is nothing going on, you can always do a bar crawl and just listen to some good live music.

THis is probably way more information than you wanted but...I just love Nashville!! So it's hard to just say a couple of things and be done! Lol

j~

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

go to Giovanni"s . it's upscale Italian and likely you will see a celeb or two at the back table.

harleywyld Member

We are booked at the Residence Inn at the Airport but with all of the comments I think I would like to move it to downtown now. Any suggestions on how to do that and where to stay? Also what is the best way to ask for a good rate?

As for food, we had an interesting Sunday Brunch at Tenn 16.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...