6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2015 12:23 PM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott Bed

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are in the market for a new bed.  What is everyone's opinion of the Marriott bed for home with durability and value in mind?  There are two kinds - Memory Foam and Innerspring.  Which bed is used in which Marriott brand?

Realizing that Marriott will change out beds more frequently than we will at home ... what is everyone's opinion and advice.

Alternatives?

Thanks!

Kim

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Bed
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Hi, Frogs. We own a Jamison mattress (our third), and Jamison produces the Marriott Bed. Our mattress is made of layered, natural Talalay latex foam, and we love it. It's not memory foam; it's a very firm, supportive foam that is cool and quiet. While not the "official" Marriott bed, when we purchased it a couple of years ago, it was part of Jamison's resort collection. At the time it was called the Amelia. But I just looked at the Jamison website, and the current Amelia has innerspring design now. Their current mattress that is similar to ours is in the TLC collection, and it's called the Napa Firm -- 11 inches of layered latex foam. If you have a Jamison dealer nearby, you should check 'em out. They can be pricey, but they come with a 20-year non-prorated warranty.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joshm Member

Gosh, this sounds like the kind of bed I need.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

It's a really comfortable mattress. Our two previous Jamisons have had innerspring construction, and we liked them, too. (Our previous one's now in the guestroom.) I was a little leery of foam because I'm not a fan of memory foam, but our salesperson said, "I don't like memory foam either, but this is the mattress I have at home, and trust me, it's not memory foam." She was right. And it's the quietest mattress I've ever slept on. It was worth every penny.

joshm Member

A great thread, Frogs.

I'm curious to see what other members of the community here have to say about the storied Marriott beds! Give there are some many folks in this forum that travel a bunch and have lots of experience with them.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

My wife and I LOVE the Marriott memory foam bed!!!  We liked it so much that when we moved into our new house 2 years ago, it was our first purchase!!!

We only wish that more Marriott properties had the bed!!!  Even the Ritz should be upgrading to the Marriott bed; the "pillow-cover" over the mattress just doesn't cut it!!!!

Now if Marriott could just do something about their pillows!!!!  If we are on a long trip we actually bring our bamboo pillows with us.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I wish Marriott would put their beds into CY, that alone would have us staying at more of them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...