6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2009 8:25 PM by eyes_of_texas RSS

Unbelievable!!!

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

When was the last time you received service at a Marriott that made your jaw hit the floor?  I am so happy right now with the service I am receiving at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington DC that I just had to share.

I am attending a conference at a nearby hotel and am staying using my points.  As you know, hotels in DC are quite expensive, but Marriott is not getting much revenue from me on this stay.  100k points for 4 nights, concierge lounge access for free meals - basically I am taking up space.

So, I check in and find out I have been upgrade to an executive suite!  For all 4 nights!  During a busy time at the hotel when they are hosting several conferences.  Courtenay at the front desk was wonderful in providing me with the upgrade AND breakfast voucher for the restaurant for Sunday morning.

My room is HUGE - probably 1000 sqft with a nice balcony overlooking beautiful gardens.  I have a dining area with a full-size table with 4 chairs, a living area with a sofa, love seat and 2 chairs, a foyer area with a desk and chair, separate bedroom and bath.  Too bad I am traveling solo.

So I call the front desk to ask for some help with a maintenance issue and I talk to Aretha who is very nice and very responsive.  She sends maintenance right away and Ramon fixes my problem with the locking door in no time.  She also sends housekeeping with my robe (no slippers....see my previous posts).  Next day I have trouble with my TV and request a couple more things from housekeeping.  Aretha answers the phone again, promptly sends maint to get the TV working, and asks if there is anything else.  I mentioned that I had asked for slippers but was told that they dont give those anymore.  She said to give her a few minutes and she would see what she could do.  A little while later housekeeping knock on the door and gives me this awesome pair of slippers that are much nicer than the ones they used to give.  Aretha rocks!!!  SO I called her to thank her, and she told me the secret - she asked housekeeping to check their personal stash to find some slippers.

The last bonus I received is when i asked her about the internet access - was it really 24hrs or did it expire at noon.  She said, dont worry about it, I am going to give it to you.  You wont be charged!

How great is that!!!  Executive suite, SLIPPERS, and FREE INTERNET!!!  All on points.  This is a wonderful example of how the attention to service makes customers feel and keeps them coming back.  Kudos to Courtenay, Aretha, and Ramon!!  Well done!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Unbelievable!!!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Like winning Mega Millions!  What a great experience for you and a wonderful testimonial about Marriott and the Marriott Spirit to Serve.

Thanks for the post--made my day!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Great post!  And imagine the pride these staff members must feel and display to other guests as well.  Maybe you can print this thread and leave it with them on your way out.  And, about the slippers...I think Marriott Irvine still had them in rooms on the concierge level.  Have a great stay in our greatest city.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Pltnmprincess

That's a success story!  Do consider sending an email with your glowing feedback to customer.care@marriott.com  Customer care will route your comments to the executive office of the hotel so that a copy will be placed in the personell files of Courtenay, Aretha and Ramon.

pltnmprincess Platinum

Thanks TJC - great idea!  I already emailed the hotel manager who responded that he was thrilled with the feedback.  I will also send a copy to customer care.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

And if they send you an electronic GSS survey by all means repeat this--hotels are graded on this kind of wonderful experience feedback.

Great news!

eyes_of_texas Platinum 8 Reviews

Thank you for taking the time to write your post.  As a result, I look forward to staying there myself next month when in DC so I can enjoy the same hospitality as you have.  Now, do a huge favor for those who made you feel so great, those you have named in your review.  Send a letter (not an email) directly to Bill Marriott with a copy to the property's general manager.  Testimonial letters go in employees personnel files.  Not only will they get the recognition and "atta boys" earned from two fronts, but will also receive special considerations when their employee reviews come up. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...