7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2015 12:06 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Dear Platinum, Stay Away fr. San Diego Marriott Marina

ljharmony Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Your Platinum status won't be recognize or appreciated by most folks ranging from Front Desk to At Your Service.

For example, you spend time entering your requests on the Virtual Concierge and all that will be IGNORED.

Your request for towel on a non-busy Thursday will take a long time as well.

Half of the parking lot, the North Side, has been shut down to build for the new big acquarium so the $30 Self Parking is almost impossible but you could do the $45 valet though.

Avoid headache, stay away.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
  • Re: Dear Platinum, Stay Away fr. San Diego Marriott Marina
    taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Sorry you had a bad experience at this hotel. I have stayed here a couple of times and I am Platinum and I love this hotel and thought I was treated very well. They upgraded me from a non-balcony room to a balcony room. I love the location, the rooms and the amenities on the property, not to mention the pool. I have not stayed here in a year so I am not sure about the construction but I am planning on returning this year and looking forward to it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We've also stayed at the Marina and feel much the same regarding the property.  On our last stay the hotel maintenance personnel were not able to figure out how to fix the lock on our door as it would not recognize our key after the first or second time we used it.  We sat numerous times in the hallway waiting for someone to let us into the room and yet nobody cared. 

We will make the quick drive over to Coronado Island and stay at the Coronado Resorts | Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa where we've enjoyed wonderful visits.  The quick drive or ferry to the marina makes it easy if you want to get to downtown.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience, ljharmony. When you private message me your acct. details, I'll pass this along to our team as well.

ljharmony Platinum 7 Reviews

Thanks!

Yes, Kelly (think that's her name) from At Your Service said sorry to hear about our experience but offered no solution or concrete remediation such as another Insider suggested discount or even a cheap $8 wine from Rite Aid.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I am sorry to hear that.  We stayed in Aug. 2013 and got a nice upgrade and had no trouble self-parking.  Sounds like a remodel/construction might be causing problems.

702rugbyref Platinum

Thanks for the heads-up ljharmony...just cancelled my stay there.

702rugbyref Platinum

One of the reason I cancelled is the parking fee which is ridiculous in itself. I just started a thread to this point.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...