I had a stay for about 85 days in A Marriott group hotel and I was given Gold Membership with 43K+ reqard points. My queries are,
1) May I redeem those points in any Marriott hotel?
2) Do I need to pay any cash in addition with reward points?
3) Am I lost the Gold membership after spending my reward points?
4) How many points/night required to get platinum membership?
Thanks in Advance
Hello suryagadde, and welcome to the Insiders forum!
You've posed some great questions here and we're happy to help get them answered for you. This is the perfect place to inquire like you have here. The Insiders network is full of useful information, as well as structured by a community of road warriors who are quite knowledgeable in all things Rewards and more!
As you explore the forum, feel free to check out our Getting Started Guide for tips on how to optimize your experience with the site. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), or lindseyh with any questions or concerns about Rewards or the site. We make up the moderation team for the forum and we're here to help!
Regarding your post, I'm going to seek more information on your questions, and will follow up with more details.
Thanks for posting, and welcome!
Hello suryagadde and welcome to Insiders.
1) You can redeem your points at any Marriott property that has Reward Stays available for the dates you wish to use them. As with airline reward usage their are a limited number of rooms and the amount of points will vary depending on the category of the hotel.
2) Normally no you don't have to pay cash when using points other than what you accrue with incidentals during your stay, and yes they will want a credit card for that when you check-in. There are some cash/point offers out there and can be found on the page that displays what room types and rates are available if you have selected the Rewards box located right below the dates of travel. There might also be a cash upgrade fee if you desire to select and upgraded room when making your reservation, but otherwise no money is required to simply use points.
At most resorts you may have a "Resort Fee" that applies and that will be included with your incidentals upon check-out.
3) Your Gold status will NOT be lost after you use the points, the status is based upon either the number of nights stayed during the calendar year and is reset each year at the end of February. Your Gold status as all Elite levels is valid the year you achieve it as well as the next year until February. Since you gained Gold in 2015 it will be good through February 2016, unless you achieve Platinum in this calendar year then Platinum status will be good for that period of time.
4) You need 75 paid nights to reach Platinum.
Many questions can also be answered at the FAQ link: All your Marriott Rewards questions are answered in this FAQ
Hope this helps and I'm certain other Insides will provide more valuable information.
You're welcome, I just happened to be logging into Insiders and saw your question. No point requirement just the 75 paid nights.
Elite Membership Requirements
What brand did you stay because some such as ExecuStay you only get one night for every three you stay?
And again you only receive credit toward Elite levels when it's a paid stay.