10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2015 1:40 PM by lindseyh RSS

Will Marriott continue my Gold Status

chiragd Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so please let me know if I should look somewhere specific for my answers. But here is my situation -

I am currently a Gold Status member which I was given automatically for two months until June 30th and to continue as Gold had to complete 6 stays. I did 4 stays during that period and now am at 44 nights so falling short both by stays and nights for now. I had multiple rooms booked in my name during a specific and the additional nights from the other rooms were also not counted. I have additional upcoming stays as well. Anyway I can continue with the Gold Status -- maybe a challenge or special consideration since I am so close?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Will Marriott continue my Gold Status
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ChiragD! Go ahead and private message me your Rewards number and contact information. I can have our team take a look and see if you qualify for a Challenge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chiragd Silver

Not sure if you got my DM but I get this red error message when I try to send you a note. Can you confirm you got my details.

Jsucool76 Gold

sounds like you were just given a challenge. I would say find 2 r real cheap hotels near you and stay 1 night in each

or stay 6 more nights by December and you'll get gold status again.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I did think of that, but Gold really only has value at FS locations, with the free breakfast and lounge access. Bearing in mind OP only needs 6 more nights till he gets to 50 the old fashioned way, it would only be worthwhile spending money on un-needed stays if OP was staying at mainly FS hotels over the next 6 nights.

At non-FS hotels Gold means very little, the extra 1/2 point per $ is derisory, it's at FS where it can make a real difference. Breakfasts can be worth $25 or more per person per night. Lounge access, even without the free beer (which I am very happlily freely imbibing right now at the Leeds Marriott.... Mmmmmm, beer.... But even without that, the food and a soda has to be worth $5 per person.

So I think ChiragD would need to do some sums before deciding whether to punt out on a couple of stays

chiragd Silver

Thanks Jsucool76. My only thing was I didnt request for a status challenge at that time and am in a better travel situation to complete it now. Also, wondering why the multiple room nights were not counted towards my nights details.

Firstly, welcome to the forum, and yes, you're certainly in the right place. The membership here  has extensive knowledge of the scheme and there's also Marriotts official moderators who take more difficult questions upstairs.

So, to your query, well the first thing to note is that only YOUR stays count. As you can't sleep in 2 rooms at the same time, you only get credit for 1 stay. This same rule applies to nights, only 1 night credit no matter how many rooms you book.

Do you have the Marriott credit card, as you're already on 44 nights the 10-nights-elite-credit given by the card will push you over to Gold. If you have the free card you could consider the Ritz card with its $395(?) fee, though that's a lot of money for a status you'll reach anyway with 6 more nights (note not stays) which will get you across the 50-night finishing line qualifying you for Gold till Feb 2017.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

would get the credit card don't know if it would help you this year but if you end up at  44 you will carry over 29 and with credit card will be at 44 so you would only need to stay a few nights to earn next year

chiragd Silver

Thank You all. I will be able to hit 50nights in the next few planned travel activities hence not sure the credit card will add value, by then. I guess the best option is to be patience.

TO be honest, the card is free, and comes with a signup bonus (in UK it's 10,000 points, bet it's more in USA) and of course those 10 nights credit. On top of that you get MR points on spendng. If, like me, you have a more valuable airline miles card, the Marriott card is still worth having for the annual nights credit and the double points on Marriott spend which (for Marriott spends only) works out better value than my Virgin AMEX...

IF you apply now I'd reckon you'd see the 10 nights credit to your account during August. It's your best bet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...