3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2009 3:46 PM by traverriotter RSS

Any recomendation for a stay in Sao Paulo, Brazil

bam207 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have tried the Renaissance Sao Paulo hotel several times and most of the times I had a very bad experience in seven years. I stopped  staying there for three years and came back a few weeks ago and had again a very stressful experience. Could you please recommend me a "Marriott quality" hotel in Sao Paulo?

Appreciate your advice very much,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any recomendation for a stay in Sao Paulo, Brazil
    pltnmprincess Platinum

I have stayed at the Marriott near the airport a couple of times.  It was nice - just dont stay in room 901.  We had a problem in that room with mosquitos coming in through the vents.

Other than that, in the city I have stayed at the Sheraton WTC.  They have really neat designer rooms that are all different and very nice. 

Hope that helps

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

intlflyer Platinum 1 Reviews

I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Sao Paulo many times and have never been disappointed. It is in the"Brooklin" area of town so it is a little out of the way, but cabs are cheap and plentiful.

The hotel offers good restaurants and the Morumbi Shopping area is about 2 blocks away so you have many options for both dining and shopping.

I don't think you'd be disappointed there, even though it is not a Marriott.

Be advised, though, that getting to and from the hotel and GRU airport can be very time-consuming because of very heavy traffic, so plan accordingly.

traverriotter Gold

I have tried the Renaissance, the Hilton (the one with all the security guards on motorcycles) and the Hyatt (the one near the Hilton)

I have to say my favorite by far has been the Renaissance.  Good gymnasium and nice breakfast buffet, but not as modern as the other two hotels on my list. 

I got some kind of food poisoning at the Hilton, and I found the staff at the Hyatt to have a somewhat unaccomodating attitude.

Also - the Renaissance is in a much more "walkable" neighborhood than the other two if you want to get out of the hotel and explore a little without getting held-up at gunpoint.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...