6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2015 2:22 PM by joshm RSS

Time taken to credit points

mohitgo Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hello All,

I am new to this group. I have been waiting for credit of my points in my account. However, today 2 weeks have gone by and still there is no points credited. Do Marriot have such a old system? I was previously with Hilton and was happy but one my colleague forced me to stay at Marriot but with such a slow credit of points, it seems I made a wrong choice. Any Suggestions.

Mohit

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Time taken to credit points
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Two weeks is too long. Normally, points show up within a couple days. My most recent stay ended June 30. By July 3, points were in my account.

Once or twice I've had points fail to show up and I needed to call customer service. They should be able to sort out the issue. You may be asked to provide a copy of your bill, but often that is not required. Marriott Rewards typically asks us to wait up to 10 days before we report a "missing stay." Most of the time points show up long before that.

It sounds like you may just have had a bit of bad luck. Don't give up on Marriott yet. You experience it the exception, not the rule.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

PPoints normally post pretty quickly, within a day or 2. Call up Marriott Rewards or fill in the online "report a missing stay" form. Missing staus are a real rarity, I think I've had only 1or 2 in 600 nights, so that's an unlucky start.

ramoneur Platinum

my experience, limited to only China, is they usually post in 2 to 3,maximum 4, days

joshm Member

Hello mohitgo!

Welcome to Insiders.

If you give the customer service team a call, they can take of you and get those points posted!

Also, this forum is a fantastic place to to make the posts you've made here, because me (joshm) and lindseyh can hunt these issues down and seek resolution for our Rewards family.

I would also be happy to connect you directly. All I would need from you is a direct message that includes your Rewards number, the confirmation number from the stay if you have it, and we can begin.

Again, welcome to the forum.

702rugbyref Platinum

The first question is what points? - ie are they credit card points or points for an actual stay?

My stays have accrued usually within 4-5 days and a couple of times I have called after the 10 day period (missing stays).

Credit card points are different and in my case post the end of the first week of each month.

Cheers Phil

joshm Member

Excellent point, 702rugbyref!

There are two different timelines at play here, depending on the origin of the points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...