27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2015 5:02 PM by sunsoaker RSS

Marriott 500 Bonus Points on multi-night stays!!

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at a Marriott on Tuesday night and noted a 500 Bonus points are provided IF you are staying more than 1 night at the same hotel and do not want house-keeping service. Apparently this 500 point bonus is per night because on the door-hang (which must be displayed by 0200hrs) it states to display for each day you do not wish to receive the service. I do not know if this is rolled out to all Marriott properties.

I think this is a win-win for both. Marriott reduces costs and service (only if the occupant wishes it so) and the MR member receives a 'thank-you' for reducing work-loads and environmental waste.

GOOD JOB MARRIOTT! I hope this applies to all of your properties because next week I have a multi-night stay in Washington and plan on taking advantage of the 500 point offer while doing my part to help reduce environmental impacts. Phil

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Denver, Colorado, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Denver Marriott Tech Center
  • Re: Marriott 500 Bonus Points on multi-night stays!!
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for sharing this, 702rugbyref! I'm looking into your question about which properties are rolling this out and will let you know what I find out!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chaznotbono Gold

I'm guessing this isn't applicable to Fairfield Inn, I stayed 4 nights last week, and never have housekeeping in.  My points have hit for the stay but nothing about an additional 500 for no housekeeping.

Thanks for the info though.

carloswang Gold

I've never met one hotel under Marriott which offered it...

jmanrunner Platinum

The Miami Airport Marriott recently started giving the housekeeping bonus. Unfortunately, very few at the hotel actually know how the points work. I recently had two 6 night stays in recent months and tried to maximize the benefit. I was told I should receive 1000 points, 1500 points, 2000 points, and 3000 points by different front desk reps, managers, and housekeeping. Some days they failed to clean my room when they were supposed to and other days they did not replace the black door tag so I could get the bonus again. It was a mess. I went 6 days once without housekeeping just trying to see how they would handle it. No privacy tag, no black tag on door. I even called down a couple days and asked for room service the following day. The guest services agent said it was for the whole stay. I said "Six days???" and she replied, "I think so." In the end I received 4,500 points for all my troubles (1500 per 6 days and 1500 extra from the manager). It felt like it should have been an every other day bonus but I could never get a straight answer. One person said every third day and another said no longer than 3 days. Is that the same thing?

The Miami Stanton Marriott on South Beach allowed the bonus every other day and it worked flawlessly.

702rugbyref Platinum

From what I understand, it is a very new program and most folks hope they role is out completely across all the hotels. I have only come across it at Denver West...so far.

tishers Platinum

I like this idea! While it may initially have been driven by staffing issues at the hotel for housekeeping folks or for available laundry services it would be a nice way to perk the rewards members to join along.

If you are a rewards member then you are most likely an experienced traveler who does things in your hotel room pretty much the same way each night. You do not go through every washcloth, towel and linen in one evening. The toilet is not overflowing and pizza boxes are probably not scattered everywhere.

Right now I use one towel and one washcloth each night. I hang the towel and washcloth on the shower bar but leave the floor rug down so I do not bust my butt slipping on the floor. I do not need a turn-down service on my bed, my room is clean before I go scurrying off to the client's office for the day.

I would be more diligent in the use of the door-hangar for housekeeping to bypass my room if there was a kickback of points in it for me.... gone are the days when you had to paint lambs blood on your door lintels for the angel to pass on by to leave your firstborn alive.

This should be a suggestion back up to Marriott corp as something to consider for all brands, all hotels.

carloswang Gold

I do think Marriott should reward multiple nights stays... not only single stay...

emillg Member

better to ask when checking in next time

702rugbyref Platinum

There was a door-hang in my room for it...it had to be hung on the door before 0200hrs each night.

MarSteelFan Platinum

I have a question. Where are the points earned itemized?

For My last stay I see total pts then broken out into points and bonus points. Is that as far as it goes unless there are points added?

ajg Platinum

I recently took advantage of this program on a multi-night stay in Florida (Lake Mary).  It was a full service Marriott and they had a door hanger in each room explaining the program.  They also had little cards to insert into the key envelopes.  It stated clearly that the hangers can be used for three consecutive nights and then you need to let them clean. Of coarse the room isn't eligible for a bonus on check out day.

I stayed three nights so was eligible for two 500 point bonus accruals.  I received the points in my account as an individual bonus one day after the missed housekeeping day.

This program seemed to work well and, as a guest who usually stays for multiple consecutive nights, I hope it continues.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

ajg, sounds like your stay at the Lake Mary Marriott was ok?  We had a disastrous stay there over Christmas, and I swore I'd never set foot in the place again.  Check in was really, really late.  The pool area wasn't open, or maybe it was, depending on which staff person you asked...because they were painting in and around the pool area.  I was offered a free drink because the room wasn't ready until 6:30pm, but when I went to collect, the promise was not honored.  When we did finally figure out that the pool might be open, we were told we had to go through a bunch of conference space to get to the pool but of course the doors to those and to the fitness center were locked so we couldn't get it.  But we did get lost wandering around some conference space that was being renovated.  The restaurant was open but there was nobody seating guests because they only had one server who was trying to do both jobs, and he couldn't keep up even though he was working hard and really trying his best.  The whole stay was an epic fail.  Please tell me that place is better as it's convenient to the Sanford airport which we use occasionally.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Points are added as a bonus the same day as you refuse service I had 2 rooms booked at the Coral Springs Marriott. One on points the other on cash rate I got 500 for both rooms on 2 days can't complain about that

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews

I just recently had a multiple night stay at the Anaheim Marriott in California.  I didn't have housekeeping services and thought I could get the bonus.  As my room didn't have a sign to hang on the door, I thought it was just missing.   I called "At Your Service" and the receptionist at the hotel did not have any knowledge of a 500 bonus points program for this.  She said she would look into it, but I never heard back.  I did not have housekeeping clean my room on any day and I did not receive any bonus.  I guess this hotel does not participate in the green program.  Too bad.

702rugbyref Platinum

From what I understand is Marriott is 'slowly' rolling it out  across their properties. I would suggest   keep watching for it. I have only encountered it at FS Marriott so far.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Maybe reading this will answer most of the questions posed on this thread (Your Room. Your Choice.)

702rugbyref Platinum

jt15550 Platinum

You can add Seattle Marriott Bellevue to the list.  500 per morning skipped, skip max of three per time, doesn't count the day you check out.  So for my Sun-Sat stay, I'll get points for Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri = 2000 + 500 check-in bonus.  Every little bit towards LTP helps!  I'll be looking for this next month at my stay at the Renaissance Dallas Richardson as well. 

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I received the 500 point bonus at the Houston Marriott Galleria.  Per the card in my room, you can only get it on a two or more night stay, and you cannot receive the 500 on the day you check out.  So, if you stay two nights, you can receive one 500 point bonus.  Stay three nights, receive two, and so on.  If I am in a hotel for only a few days, I prefer not having housekeeping.  I don't make a mess and use my towel at home a few days before switching.  Bring on the points.

strykerj Member

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront also has the option to earn the points.  I think it is a great option.  Way to go Marriott.

sunsoaker Platinum 3 Reviews

I don't care to use it. What this does is cut back hard working people's hours by not having to clean your room for the sake of 500 points. I know some of these people personally since I stay at the same property many nights a year.

Its great for Marriott and I guess if you are in need of 500 points its good for those too. Personally I'm looking at who it really affects. And I don't like what I see. If your in it for the green aspect you can always hang your towel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...