6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 6:13 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Restaurants in Chicago

hawaiibound Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm headed to Chicago in a few weeks. Every time I go I try to find the hidden gem of restaurants... even if they aren't so hidden, I'll take any restaurant recommendations y'all have.

Let me know. Generally, I'm not into the fancy scene... but don't mind biz casual.

Thanks so much!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Chicago, Illinois, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North
Chicago, Illinois, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Chicago, Illinois, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
Chicago, Illinois, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Chicago
Chicago, Illinois, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
  • Re: Restaurants in Chicago
    dpmdmd Platinum

I love "Bistro 110" - it is a stones throw from the watertower and across the street from the Hancock building. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is lively. It isn't fancy but it could be - a great casual place for a really good meal. They have a terrific seafood bar if you prefer that - but the sit-down menu has lots of options. The house roasted garlic (that comes with the bread) is wonderful. The first creme brulee I ever had was at a great restaurant in Paris - it is the standard for me. But the one at Bistro 110 is second - and I have had creme brulee many, many times. This restaurant is run by the "Levi Brothers" group. Every restaurant I have been to that is operated by them is really good. They did my daughters wedding in Chicago and it was outstanding. You can't go wrong here. For the most unbelievable dining experience I have ever had - try "Tru" in Chicago. Pretty pricy and very dressy - it is an "occasion" kind of place. But if you have an occasion, it is the best place in Chicago. One last word. Charlie Trotters - stay away.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks for the advice on Charlie Trotters, I have never been there and will probably not go there.  Try Les Nomades, on Ontario Street.  Formal and special!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Try the Chicago Chop House at 60 West Ontario. I've always had a great experience there. Steak, seafood,

www.chicagochophouse.com

Enjoy......a great city!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

North Clark St

Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders..or something like that

Pizza Pot Pie and great Mediterranean bread

fds002 Platinum

Spent the w/e and checked out of Renaissance Downtown. Found a couple of gems and finally after all these years we tried Harry Carey's Italian Steakhouse. Now I know what the hype is all about. One of the best steaks I've had in years that I didn't cook. Filet, SeaBass, and Calamari was to die for. Pricey, but it is a steakhouse. Now for the gems.

Italian-Topo-Gigio, 1516 North Wells, (312) 266-9355 make sure and call for a reservation and on the web at www.topogigiochicago.com. 2 bottles of wine, 4 people, appy, dinners, deserts with tip $150. Seafood-Glenn's Diner - On a CTA Brown Line stop. - 1820 West Montrose Ave, (773) 506-1720, small place and reservations a must, best variety of seafood I've seen at FAIR Market prices. www.glennsdiner.com. Appy, 2 dinners, 2 desserts, bottle of wine, tax, $100. You can BYOB or they have some on the menu. All wine on the menu is $33 per bottle. Being from NOLA is is hard to please a food snob and find good music too. We went to Rosa's and had a great time listening and dancing to the Blues. We didn't make it this trip, but like ELEVEN Diner a couple of blocks off the CTA Red Line. www.elevencitydiner.com 1112 South Wabash. Excellent Deli and dining. Hope this helps

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Location Brand Hotel
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
    Chicago, Illinois, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
    Chicago, Illinois, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Chicago
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...