6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2015 3:49 AM by jeannieniles RSS

Spouses Using Membership # for Credit

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am going to be traveling without my husband whose name is on the membership.      I need to make sure the credit for the stays as well as the points accrue to his membership.     Is this difficult to do?    ALL comments and suggestions are welcome as I am leaving tomorrow at noon.  THANKS to all.

We have over 800 nights with Marriott and want to maintain our levels.    My hubby is unable to make this trip so I'm going alone.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spouses Using Membership # for Credit
    barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

NO, it is not. Have the reservation in his name. No one has answered perhaps because it states that the rewards member should be in the room, but my thinking is that the spouse is in the room with you whether physically or just spiritually.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

You might be interested in this thread: Spouse Use of Reward Membership

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Make the reservations under his name with his number. No hotel is going to challenge his wife when she's checking in. If they do, tell them he's out parking the car.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Have an absolute wonderful time on your trip, jeannieniles! Yes, check out the great link that ssindc provided (thank you!) and feel free to reach out to me if you have any unanswered questions!

Jsucool76 Gold

Like others have said make the reservation using his account, my only other suggestion would be have him call up marriott reservations and have your name added to the reservation as a second occupant, just to make sure there are no problems at check in. It's doubtful there would be but it's always good to be safe.

jeannieniles Platinum

Thanks to everyone for your kind and very helpful suggestions.  My trip (so far) is going very very well....haven't had any problems with checking in.    

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...